PDA

View Full Version : ppl validation

rock_on_dude
30th Mar 2006, 10:35
hi there dudes and dudettes
i hold an american ppl which has run out of its expiry date i have not renewed also i got an valid jar medical first class and just finishing my exams in atpl i want to know ( i did search and tried ) do i have to go back to america and renew my ppl or is there a way in england i can do my cpl and fatpl

your replies are welcome

cheers
keep rocking
:ok:

-IBLB-
30th Mar 2006, 10:40
hi there dudes and dudettes
i hold an american ppl which has run out of its expiry date i have not renewed also i got an valid jar medical first class and just finishing my exams in atpl i want to know ( i did search and tried ) do i have to go back to america and renew my ppl or is there a way in england i can do my cpl and fatpl

your replies are welcome

cheers
keep rocking
:ok:It's good to know, that the american FAA ppl, does not have an expiration date. Your flightreview or medical can be expired, but the license itself does not expire. A flightreview can be done with any FAA CFI also in the UK, also your FAA medical can be done in the UK (I believe there even is a "dutch" one on the board here somewhere)

I am not really sure what you are asking, there is a requirement for having atleast a PPL to start the ATPL theory course, but you are saying you have almost finished that. For the practical portion of the cpl training, you will need the required amount of hours if you are doing it the modular way, that's it. If you don't have that, you will need to get it somewhere. (You cannot do an exam for a "fATPL", it's just a term to indicate that you have a CPL/IR and passed the ATPL theory exams)

rock_on_dude
30th Mar 2006, 14:42
cheers there iblb dude
nice one
that was good i do have a american ppl but i was under the impression it gets expiered if i dont fly for a while i am not too keen to go to america again to fly as i found they were bunch of cowboys more intrested in your dosh any way now for my next search of finding an faa dude.i will try caa and also american embassy hopefully they will know if not knocking of school doors i suppose

rock on
:ok:

-IBLB-
30th Mar 2006, 16:02
cheers there iblb dude
nice one
that was good i do have a american ppl but i was under the impression it gets expiered if i dont fly for a whileJust take a look at your actual license, no expiration date on there
, like on the JAA ones. i am not too keen to go to america again to fly as i found they were bunch of cowboys more intrested in your dosh any way now for my next search of finding an faa dude.i will try caa and also american embassy hopefully they will know if not knocking of school doors i suppose

rock on
:ok:I'm still not sure what you are after, i'm guessing it's hourbuilding? I'm not exactly sure about the regulations for flying with an FAA license in the UK but it is possible, there should be some information around here on the board. "use the search, luke" You could go to the US to do hourbuilding, you can fly in an as cowboyish way as you want, remember you are in control! But whatever you do, don't go to the CAA or Am Embassy asking for FAA instructors, they will not know. Best bet is local airfield, or post a message on the board here. There are plenty of FAA instructors in Europe, myself included. Just find one close to you.