PDA

View Full Version : Flying Abroad - Where to go?

Mister Geezer
29th Mar 2006, 18:58
With a fair bit of leave on the horizon I was thinking it might be good fun to go somewhere totally different for some flying. I fly commercially and also instruct and examine at PPL level so I am after something completely different. Was thinking of the Emirates Flying School/Club but the heat in the Gulf might be a bit too oppressive.

I was wondering if anyone has any stories of fascinating trips abroad and any recommendations with regards to aircraft hire. Does not have to be in Europe so open to any suggestions. I have done Las Vegas and the Canyon and also done a few hours in Cyprus and was thinking of places outside North America since that will be an obvious suggestion.

Any hints or stories you would like to share?

Flap40
29th Mar 2006, 19:01
How about Loch Earn or Jack Brown's in Florida for a float rating?

afghanhound
2nd Apr 2006, 12:09
South Africa-good time of year to go for flying conditions-April-October in the Northern Transvaal. Easy to hire but will need licence validation (Check ride, air law and paperwork). Lots of places to fly to.

FlugWeasel
3rd Apr 2006, 03:44
How about Australia & New Zealand ?

Lots of variety from the harsh outback to tropical madness to alpine flying and some scenic city flying eg: Sydney Victor-1.

fairweatherflyboy
11th Apr 2006, 12:40
Try Alice Springs Aero Club in Central Australia. There are some great scenics available with some back to basics navigation - something that all the bus drivers that go through there seem to enjoy. You could fly to Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, Lake Ayer or a miriad of local scenic flights.
Check out www.alicespringsaeroclub.com.au (http://www.alicespringsaeroclub.com.au)

fltcom
11th Apr 2006, 13:19
We just got back from a trip to Longyearbyen in the Bonanza (ENSB) That was more than interesting.

Fltcom