PDA

View Full Version : time-check

incise
28th Mar 2006, 19:45
have my initial selection coming up fast, and have booked my flight to the big city, the return of which departs from gatwick at 5.40 pm, anyone know what time they will be done with us on the day and if i have odds on for making this flight back home.

failing that anyone up for delaying a stressed out BA pilot who may have already been shafted with a weekend stopover in the cosmopolitan mecca that is Glasgow, for an hour or so :E

also trying to rebuild some brain cells by hitting the books (although this is being somewhat countered by the constant basterdising of inanimate objects to form little sequences and the like) and am wondering what i need to aim for ie how many questions per test per time per difficulty per......eh.....per say?

i would be grateful of a responce and apologise as these answers are most probably buried in the site somewhere but my search time is restricted as i hit the books

thanx

Gonzo
28th Mar 2006, 21:06
Incise,

Reading your post, you have the tests in London, is that correct?

I doubt you'd make a 1740 departure time out of Gatwick given normal timings (the day usually ends about 1700 ish). If you can't change, have a word when you 'register' first thing in the morning, tell them about it, and ask if you can be in the group who has the ATCO talk last. Whenever I do the ATCO bit, in my last session I always make it clear that people are welcome to leave if/when they have to.

If I may comment; it seems a bit silly to book a flight at that time!

Kirk Biddlecombe
28th Mar 2006, 21:07
When are your tests?
Mine are this Friday and apparently it goes on until 17:00, so wouldn't bet on getting that flight back.

Best bet is to get up to speed with your mental arithmatic, times tables, divsion etc. Other catagories are comparing sets of data, diagram puzzles and spatial puzzles, requiring you to visualise flattened cubes in 3D etc. Also make sure you learn the Word document NATS should have sent you.

Not entirely sure on this but I think the number of questions/time for each part is as follows:

- Computer checking: 40 in 5mins
- Arithmatic/Numerical reasoning: 30 in 10mins
- Diagram puzzles: 40 in 20mins
- Spatial Reasoning: 40 in 20mins
- ATC knowledge/motivation paper: 30 in 20mins

Hope this helps!

Kirk

incise
29th Mar 2006, 14:54
silly? silly to book a return at 17:40, from what i now gather the total time of all combined tests is sitting at 1hour 15mins, say two hours max and a quick how'd you do with an ATC say an hour, thats a three hour turn around!

why should we be there to five, when we could be out of there for lunchtime, obviously you guys dont do price-work, thanks for milking your hourly rate at my expence:}

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Mar 2006, 15:06
Incise.... it's just an incy wincy bit early in your career to think about early goes. Gonzo, who happens to be a very professional and experienced ATCO, was trying to help you. I doubt very, very much if you'll ever make an ATCO with your attitude..

Heaven help us folks.....

incise
29th Mar 2006, 15:22
sarcasm obviously dosn't come across to well on print, but i'll take your point onboard

Gonzo
29th Mar 2006, 16:07
Gonzo, who happens to be a very professional and experienced ATCO

Can you tell my watch that please, HD?:ok:

runtime_error
30th Mar 2006, 15:08
Hi Kirk,
a little worried that I don't seem to have received the Word document from NATS that you mentioned - what does it cover?

Kirk Biddlecombe
30th Mar 2006, 18:31
Hi,

Hmm, you should have received the Word document from NATS. It gives an overview of various aspects of ATC, and is important as it's what the motivation paper is based on.

Try going to http://www.nats.gtios.com, logging in and sending NATS a message, alternatively if you give me your e-mail address, I can send the document to you.

Got my tests tomorrow... just looking over a few final things before going to bed!

Kirk