PDA

View Full Version : Air McDonalds

JET_A1
27th Mar 2006, 22:10
I have been told that McDonalds are starting up an Airline!!!! Does anyone know more about this???

littco
28th Mar 2006, 01:03
Supose it's going to be called Old Macdonalds and its going to be based on a farm?! with a quack quack here and a quack quack there! :) Are they going to serve big macs on the flights?

Think some is pulling your leg! and it's not even April fools day yet! :}

AerocatS2A
28th Mar 2006, 01:56
It's true JET_A1, interviews are being held next week at the McDonalds store at the Square in Palmy North. Bring in 10 Big Mac wrappers and you automatically get accepted for the sim ride.

Dr Eckener
28th Mar 2006, 04:56
You have no chance of an interview. Half the pilots on the planet already work for them.

Superpilot
28th Mar 2006, 06:27
Right, don't laugh but just the other day I had this vision of McDonalds Air. I pictured a 100 seat airliner that was serving regional and european destinations where the onboard meals were..........Well, I'll leave you guessing.

28th Mar 2006, 06:40
I take it the crew have to be dangerously underqualified.....and spotty?

Shouldn't this thread be in Jet Blast?

EGBKFLYER
28th Mar 2006, 07:29
This story is probably due to their Far Eastern PR company. What they meant to issue was a press release saying:

'Macdonalds pleased to announce new Frying Venture'...:}

On the other hand, I did see that their rival has just bought options on 20 new Burger Kingairs...

ICING AOA
28th Mar 2006, 09:35
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0907386/L/

Maude Charlee
28th Mar 2006, 09:39
Ooooh, ooooh, do they have a merit system like the restaurants where you get extra gold bars instead of stars on your name badge?

Cool, I always wanted 10 bars. :}

king rooney
28th Mar 2006, 09:47
I for one would prefer a big mac as my in flight meal as opposed to the inedible crap u get on normal airlines, lets hope the rumours are true.

captainbirdseye
28th Mar 2006, 11:07
can you work your way up from lettuce washing to Captain?

Or from grill captain to captain of the aircraft?

I also hear they are going to introduce concord style yokes (control device not eggs!) in the shape of a giant golden "M".

sorry couldn't resist:)

EGBKFLYER
28th Mar 2006, 11:16
Mine's a Big Mean Aerodynamic Chord and fries please...

smith
28th Mar 2006, 12:42
There's nothing better in the world than seeing the sun rising over the front of the cash register after a long night shift. Personally I qualified thru the CTC-McDonald's scheme so got all my frying paid for.

There was a thread like this a while back it was hilarious. :}

Air Driven Generator
14th Apr 2006, 13:31
They are going to hold a Irish AOC and the first reg is EI-EIO :O

south coast
14th Apr 2006, 14:07
would be funny if their call sign was big mac 123abc...

Joseph Paris
14th Apr 2006, 14:27
I'm afraid that Mc Donalds propably considering of their own airline since they have too many pilots-wannabes already working for them...

UAV689
14th Apr 2006, 20:36
I remember readin an article in FHM in between all the fit birds about macdonalds and they had an airline years ago but it went bust i think, I still want to work for hooters air personally, has anyone ever flown on hooters air by the way??

south coast
15th Apr 2006, 07:49
never flown on their airline, but went to the fast food resteraunt, and it is crap....the girls, nothing special either...so cant imagine the hosties would be any better...