PDA

View Full Version : £100 cuppa now available at Redhill

Cricket23
26th Mar 2006, 13:27
Without wishing to adverstise, just thought you might like to know that a cafe has just opened at Redhill. Nice and clean looking and it overlooks the runways.
If you're heading down that way, give me a shout, I might be around for a cuppa and a chat.
C23

Stampe
26th Mar 2006, 14:51
Thats very good news,makes the airfield very much more attractive lets hope its a success.:ok:

sucksqueezeBANGstop
27th Mar 2006, 08:41
I have family near by and always hope to fly in to Redhill, from Lincolnshire. Are they microlight friendly? Am converting to Cessna, so will probably make it over later in that... but seeing how my interest in aviation grew from visits to Redhill I really should make the effort :D

I do hope the teas are a bit cheaper though ;)

hardcase
27th Mar 2006, 09:20
what time does the airfield close? have some evening/night flying coming up and would stop by

:ok:

Flash0710
27th Mar 2006, 09:56
Details all here
http://www.redhillaerodrome.com
They love microlights there.......:cool:
Happy landings...
f

Pitts2112
27th Mar 2006, 11:59
That's good news. A cafe was one of the main things missing at Redhill. 'Course, I'd just moved there from Leicester, so I was spoiled by having a superb club atmosphere to compare it with. Funnily enough, the folks at Redhill always treated me very well, including the controllers (even when i was committing gross buffoonery in the circuit) but I could just never get a sense of "aviation" rather than a sense of "flying" out of the place. Maybe it's because there are several businesses there and they're not all connected that it felt like a corporate field with no heart or soul.

But saying all that, the folks there were great to me and there are some very interesting people and interesting airplanes to be found there, so it's worth dropping in.

Pitts2112

mark147
27th Mar 2006, 16:28
Are they microlight friendly?
The AIP entry says "Use of aerodrome by microlight aircraft is restricted to aerodrome based aircraft" so you may be out of luck.
what time does the airfield close?
Now it's summer time, 7pm (local), or 8pm unlicensed with 24 hours notice. (Note their web site is a little confused at the moment, attaching UTC to times that are in fact local).
Mark