PDA

View Full Version : Weird aeroplanes

LowNSlow
15th Mar 2006, 15:09
I wonder if Kingy (haven't seen him here for a while) is still into weird and wonderful aeroplanes? The old guard will remember when he bought the Flaglor Skyskooter.

Kingy if your are still out there in Ppruneland, check this out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sky-Pup-Air-Plane-Looking-For-A-Hobby_W0QQitemZ4621957661QQcategoryZ26428QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte m

RudeNot2
15th Mar 2006, 16:12
That one looks fit for some R/C equipment - I am sure some of the guys at my Model Flying club have engines approaching that size in some of their Xtras or Caps!!

AerBabe
18th Mar 2006, 07:57
I'm not sure if he does come here any more, but I've emailed him the link just in case! Having seen the Skyskooter, I think this would be right up his runway. :ok:

Kingy
18th Mar 2006, 12:26
Yes I'm still here! just been a tad busy that's all. I still have the L4, Fury and the sky Scooter. I'm hoping to get them all permited at once for a change soon. As I type, my desk is strewn with L4 parts (wish I could remember where they went) and I'm 'on it' for lots of flying this year.

OOH I like the Sky PUP - might just google it and find out more!

Kingy

High Wing Drifter
19th Mar 2006, 09:37
My favourite unusual design remains G-SHOG (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=G-SHOG&distinct_entry=true)

chevvron
19th Mar 2006, 10:07
If those engines are similar to the ones used in racing karts, they max out at about 15,000 rpm; just imagine the tip speeds of those direct drive props!!

Genghis the Engineer
19th Mar 2006, 14:20
If those engines are similar to the ones used in racing karts, they max out at about 15,000 rpm; just imagine the tip speeds of those direct drive props!!
Which may explain why they're so small!
G

Rod1
19th Mar 2006, 14:46
A few years ago there was a Cri-Cri at the RSA rally with two jet engines. It had an endurance of less than 10 min and made an amazing noise. The “normal” version is stressed to +12 – 9 G (in France) and is extremely aerobatic. The designer is also the co designer of the Dyn Aero MCR-01 (having designed the MC100 Ban-Bi metal version first).

Rod1

LowNSlow
20th Mar 2006, 06:47
Hi Kingy, got shot of the T-Craft then?

Kingy
20th Mar 2006, 12:22
Hi Mate, yes, I'm no longer in the T cart, it's still at Eastbach though. I bought the others out in the Cub so I'm the sole owner of that frankly tatty relic now. How's the Auster? - you will be pleased to know that I'm looking at a 1944 Auster 5. Thought it would make a nice companion to the Cub.. need to free up some space in the hangar first though!

Kingy