PDA

View Full Version : Aerodrome layouts

airspeed alive
8th Mar 2006, 12:44
As a newcomer to this forum would appreciate a gentle nudge in the right direction for the info. I seek.
Where would I find the information relating to constructions standards for an aerodrome, approved layout, minimum clear areas, maximum obstructions allowed, nearest vegetation allowed etc., etc.,
Would this be covered in an ICAO Annex?, if so which one.
The potential site is in an FAA part of the world, do the Americans follow ICAO recommendations or do they have their own set of construction standards? If the latter, again, where would I find the answers?
Thanks in anticipation, airspeed alive

Pierre Argh
8th Mar 2006, 13:01
(stating the B****'in obvious)... have you spoken to the FAA?

niknak
8th Mar 2006, 13:40
Nice one Pierre, encourage a newcomer why dont you!:rolleyes:

Airspeed,

Such things in the UK are covered in CAP168 and the UK AIP, which to a very large extent encompasses ICAO legislation.
There are also a multitude of ICA Doc's covering the same subject, most of which the FAA adhere to.

Suggest that you look on the CAA and ICAO websites and trawl some information using the quick link facility.

Hope that helps.

airspeed alive
8th Mar 2006, 14:00
niknak,
Many thanks, I knew a good samaritan would come along eventually.
Yours aye, airspeed

Spitoon
8th Mar 2006, 19:14
I can't help thinking that niknak is being generous, in my experience the FAA goes its own way (i.e. differs from ICAO) an awful lot!
This (http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/resources/advisory_circulars/index.cfm?template=Document_Listing&Keyword=150/5300-13&DocumentSelected=1) may give you a few pointers though.

av8boy
8th Mar 2006, 20:16
I was going to suggest the same document as Spitoon, so only hasten to add that you should be sure to examine the other documents noted in the "Related/Referenced Reading Material" section (page 3) of the linked-to AC.

Dave