PDA

View Full Version : maintaining a PPL

lanky15
6th Mar 2006, 16:22
What are you required to do in order to maintain your PPL once you have got it? How many hours are you required to fly a year?
I am 15 and a wannabe pilot. I want to start my PPL once i leave school which is in a couple months.

Özcan
6th Mar 2006, 17:02
a proficiency check anually and normally a medical every fifth year, and sometimes you got to renew your certificate, i don't know how that's done tough :} just got mine

pushapproved
6th Mar 2006, 17:21
The definitive answer is in LASORS, which you can download for free on the CAA website, www.srg.caa.co.uk

Basically you have to fly 12 hours in a two year period but 12 hours have to be completed in the final 12 months of the 24 month period, (don't ask!) During the second year you have to complete a dedicated check with a flying instructor of at least 1 hour. The re-validation has to be signed off before the expiry date. Also to carry passengers you must have been the sole manipulator for 3 take-offs and landings in the preceding 90 days. Many flying clubs require you to fly their aircraft at least every 28 days anyway to remain current.

Like I say above, check out LASORS for the precise answer!