PDA

View Full Version : Jersey International Air Rally

Flying Boat
3rd Mar 2006, 00:38
It’s Back and coming soon!!!!! The Jersey International Air Rally, 2006

Friday 26 to Sunday 28 May

There are 6 competitions leading to the ‘Grand Prix’ covering timing, accuracy, navigation, precision, spot landing and safety & airmanship.

There are also 9 other competitions covering range/endurance, best 1st time entrant, best low hour team, best female, best twin, concourse, interclub, treasure hunt and a surprise competition.

The competition – on Friday – starts when you arrive at Lessay Aerodrome in Normandy, fly a timed circuit, you then fly a treasure hunt between Lessay & Granville, precision flying to La Roque (SE Jersey), finishing with the spot landing in Jersey.

There will be other competitions during Friday, followed by a dinner at the Pomme d’Or. Saturday is a day of fun/rest, an optional car treasure hunt with a BBQ at the club – all this followed by the presentation dinner at the Pomme d’Or at night.

Sunday is when all the competitors go home or – if you wish – you can go to Lessay for lunch with our friends at the aeroclub, most people fly to Lessay then return for an extra night in Jersey to fly home on the Monday.

We have managed to keep the price the same as last year, £195 per person (sharing a twin/double room). This covers landing fees, all the competition, both dinners, BBQ in the club, 2 nights in the 4* Pomme d’Or hotel and transfers during operating hours between the club and hotel.

To avoid disappointment sign up soon.

Application forms are downloadable from the club website www.jerseyaeroclub.com and further details from the flying room on +44 1534 743990

Chocks Away & Happy Landings.

FB:D

Flying Boat
15th Mar 2006, 16:48
Rally update

Now there are 20 entries and they are coming in fast & furious.

The Guest of honour this year is Charles Strasser OBE
He is Director of AOPA UK, Chairman of AOPA Channel Islands Region and
Past World President (IFFR) Flying Rotarians.

Please note that the hotel rooms at the Pomme d’Or, we hold, can only be guaranteed for rally entrants until 31 March unless there is a confirmed booking.

Book now to avoid disappointment.

FB:D

Ni Thomas
16th Mar 2006, 10:09
It's a shame that it's on the same weekend as the Great Vintage Flying Weekend (G-VFWE) gathering at Keevil :confused:

funfly
16th Mar 2006, 15:13
Hi F.B. nice to put a fact to the name:eek:
I think we can promise all people who go to the rally or even visit the club some really good feeding in the newly managed canteen.
Take care...

S-Works
16th Mar 2006, 17:40
Jersey Air Rally is an unmissable experiance, we will be there again this year and enmasse this time with 7 aircraft from our "club". The welcome from the club is first class, the organisation is impressive and the general spirit of the event keeps you coming back. I just hope we dont need winter jumpers again for the Lessay lunch! 2 years on the trot it has been sub zero!

First year in a single (normally do it in the twin but I have a new toy!)for me this year so looking forward to that.

funfly
17th Mar 2006, 08:57
Seem to have a Jersey Appreciation Society here:)
Plan to take my own new toy there:D

Flying Boat
13th Apr 2006, 14:22
:) Hello fellow Pilots

We now have a good number of entries, but there are a few places left.

If you wish to join this established major event in the aviation calendar and stay at one of the best hotels on the beautiful Island of Jersey – Pomme d’Or – at the biggest steal of a price £195/per person for 3 nights (if you wish to stay for the extra free night on Sunday), enjoy 2 luxurious dinners, a BBQ at the club on Saturday, excellent lunch at the club on Friday, inclusive of landing fees, organized events and a worthy challenge to your excellent flying skills -------- sign up now!

The normal price for the hotel B&B is £90 per person/per night plus £30.00 for each dinner plus a £15 landing fee for a PA28, a total of £327.50, saving £142.50 per person.
This price does not include the Club events and the organization.

To guarantee a place at the Pomme d’Or you must act quickly, we can only guarantee a place if you book by Sunday 16 April. A phone call will do this, with the form to follow.
If you book later we will try to get you into the ‘Pomme’ but if we cannot we will put you into her sister hotel, The Merton.

We have a live band for the Saturday night…..we had professional pilots playing for us last year ….this year it is Jersey Air Traffic Control’s turn.

For those of you that like collecting and investing, this year’s souvenir is perfect; we have commissioned Jersey Pottery to make a limited edition China Plate to commemorate the 2006 International Rally, the design is excellent, even if I do say so myself.

Anyone can attend a fly-in but a true pilot will subject the skills learnt to a test of knowledge, skill and judgement provided by this Rally.
Don’t be intimidated, even the most inexperienced crew can win a trophy – the highest scoring low hours team (all qualified crew on board under 250hours total) gets a trophy & prize – all entrants are better airmen/airwomen after taking part in this Rally and have a ‘most excellent’ party over the Bank Holiday Weekend.

Sign up now to avoid disappointment and have one of the best flying experiences in your life.

Enjoy life and enjoy flying even more. See you at the Rally.

FB
:) :ok:

Flying Boat
16th Apr 2006, 03:43
Don't forget; to guarantee a place at the Pomme d'Or telephone the Jersey Aeroclub flying room by this afternoon. You will have a form sent to you on Monday.

Have Fun.

FB:)

Flying Boat
23rd Apr 2006, 14:12
It is with overwhelming joy that I bring you this news on St George's Day.

The Golden Apple (Pomme d'Or) has extended the guarantee of a room there to 26 April.

As before: telephone the Jersey Aeroclub flying room by the 26th afternoon. You will have a form sent to you afterwards.

At these prices you would be a fool to miss it!

Have good flying all the time.

FB:ok:

Flying Boat
25th Apr 2006, 14:20
This is the last chance for a guaranteed place at the Pomme d'Or.

Telephone by Wednesday afternoon & you will have a guaranteed place in one of the best hotels in Jersey.
Form to follow.

Don't miss out due to apathy.

Have Fun

S-Works
26th Apr 2006, 08:56
I think we now have the biggest team coming with 6 or 7 aicraft. Looking forward to is ever and this year I get to come in my new toy rather than the twin.

Flying Boat
10th May 2006, 13:29
Last Chance to be part of the Best Rally of the Year!!!

There is just enough time to enter the Jersey International Air Rally, 26 – 28 May 2006.

The price is superb (see previous posts).

We will try our best to get you into the Pomme d’Or Hotel, or the Merton Hotel (Sister in group) but if there is an accommodation problem we will put you into a similar standard hotel. Don’t forget there is an UK Bank Holiday this weekend!

Prizes abound; there are many sub-competitions that add up to the Grand Prix. Plus we have other competitions for you to win!

Make sure you leave 5kg weight allowance per person for the return trip in your weight & balance calculations; you’ll need this for your increased weight after all the good food you eat in Jersey and France.

Not forgetting the VAT FREE shopping for all the ladies (Calvados or La Mare-Jersey’s Own-Vineyards Wines & Spirits for the Gents).

If you haven’t signed up, sign up now!!!
Challenge yourself and improve your flying skills. Plus have the best Bank Holiday in a long time.

Contact Eveline Hawkin in the Jersey Aeroclub Flying Room on +44 (0) 1534 743990 or [email protected]

Happy Landings