PDA

View Full Version : wannabe any ol' pilot!

kevmusic
1st Mar 2006, 15:12
Hi People!

Just saw your site today & joined up. I'm not a professional pilot, I'm a wannabe PPL. I looked at the poll thread in this forum & it made interesting reading! My story is that I got hooked on flying nearly 25 years ago & what with a family bankruptcy, work and other family issues, I haven't been able to turn the dream into reality, despite 3 or 4 attempts. I now have 40 hours clocked up and still need to complete the course, which I can't afford to do ATM.

However, the dream is with me night and day and although I don't aspire to be a pro pilot, I do have ambitions towards the Tiger Club style of flying, and it is under their auspices that I will continue, hopefully in a year os so's time. Watch this space! :cool::)

Kev

Confabulous
2nd Mar 2006, 10:21
Welcome Kev, it's a great century to fly - better then the last one, and much better the one before that :} Keep at it, do the test when you know you're ready (and the instructor will sign you off), and most of all, have fun!

OpenCirrus619
2nd Mar 2006, 10:52
Good choice of club. The Tiger Club is (in my limited experience) somewhat of a "one off".

See you there :ok:

OC619

funfly
2nd Mar 2006, 16:25
Never too late, I started flying at 63 :ok:

kevmusic
2nd Mar 2006, 19:15
Thanks for your welcome, one & all! Funfly, that gives me great heart - I'm 52 :)
And now the good news - my wife and I sat down and did a bit of thinking and decided that with some careful jiggery pokery and a slight upsurge in work (attainable) I should be able to re-start at Headcorn in the summer :D:D:D.

Yeeehaaaaaah!!!!!

(....I LIKE flying.....)

Kev