PDA

View Full Version : Drugs found at Blackpool Airport

ANW
25th Feb 2006, 19:57
Any further information on this story?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/4750752.stm

A significant amount of what police believe to be class A drugs has been found in a plane at Blackpool Airport.

The haul was uncovered after police searched a privately chartered light aircraft upon its arrival at the airport on Friday night.

Police said a suitcase containing about 18kg (39lb) of the substance was found and three men onboard were arrested.

The men - two from the North West and one non-UK resident - are being held on suspicion of importing class A drugs.

A joint investigation between the Lancashire Constabulary and customs officers is ongoing.

Piltdown Man
25th Feb 2006, 20:07
How lucky can the police be? Turn up to a airport and do a random search on a plane that has just landed and find something naughty! Amazing.

FlyingForFun
25th Feb 2006, 20:29
My information is third-hand, and not to be considered any more than a rumour.

I understand that two people hired a TB10 to go to Bournemouth, apparently because one of them had a job interview there.

The aircraft never arrived at Bournemouth, and apparently D&D were notified and search+rescue initiated. It arrived back at Blackpool, far later than the hirer said it would be back, with three people on board as well as a suitcase full of drugs. I was reliably informed that it had come back from France without filing a flight plan, although I don't know the basis of this (maybe from radar traces???) By the time it arrived back, the police were waiting for it, and impounded it as soon as it parked up.

I suspect that there are some mistakes in this story. For example, if I were smuggling drugs, I would at least try to make sure that I got the aircraft back on time to avoid arousing suspicion... not to mention crossing the channel without a flight plan which is bound to arouse suspicion, or dropping the drugs off somewhere other than the aircraft's home base...... but that's the story as I heard it, whether you choose to believe it or not.

FFF
-------------

BEagle
25th Feb 2006, 21:06
Well done, Lancs Constabulary! I hope that a successful conviction and vey long sentences await these filth-peddlers.

Anyone involved in illegal drugs should be boiled alive in their own excreta.

IO540
25th Feb 2006, 22:33
The police must be waiting for these people.
I mean, you just walk into the restaurant at Le Touquet and a stranger offers you a couple of grand to carry a 18kg package back to the UK, saying it is a present for his dying granny, and you accept the offer because you trust him, right.

S-Works
26th Feb 2006, 16:48
whatever the actual facts of capture the end result is the same scumbags caught and hopefully locked up with the key thrown away. Result I say!

Shame GA had to be dragged into it though. We will all no doubt get tarred with the drug peddling brush until the press and the nanny state get bored.