PDA

View Full Version : Global Flyer just airborne

Fuji Abound
8th Feb 2006, 11:25
Gloabl Flyer is on her way to Manston.

The flight can be fold on the following link:

http://www.globalflyer.com

I assume she is expected into Manston on Saturday now. I wonder at what time.

It might be worth a flyin :)

What a great adventure.

Fuji Abound
8th Feb 2006, 12:28
Unofficially due into Manston at 19-00 on Saturday but a good wind might see her on the ground at a more sociable hour!

Fuji Abound
9th Feb 2006, 08:08
Worth following :ok:

Aeronut
9th Feb 2006, 08:19
Anyone know Manston well enough to know if its worth a trip by road to catch sight of this terrific machine? Goodness I sound like a spotter!:eek:

- What are the chances of the global flyer visiting a few British airfields before it (presumably) returns to the USA?

Confabulous
9th Feb 2006, 08:49
Is it just me, or am I confused as to why he's trying for the same record again? :hmm: :ugh:

Twitcher
9th Feb 2006, 10:08
It is a different record.
In 2005, Steve Fossett smashed a number of world records by being the first, and fastest, to fly solo round the world, nonstop, without refuelling.

Having been the first to fly round the world, solo in 2005, Steve Fossett and the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer now attempt to fly further than any other aircraft in history.

Can you tell I copied and pasted the info lol

Fuji Abound
9th Feb 2006, 10:33
I know Manston reasonably well.

I will post some further information when I have it.

Jo Cover
11th Feb 2006, 04:06
I know Manston well.There is loads and loads of open spaces to view from. A cracking little pub, the Jolly Millar if I remember right just down the road and if you get there early in the day, there are two museums, one with a Spit and a Hurricane in and another is I think, the Battle of Britain museum. Both run by enthusiasts and well worth a visit. Its a little baron there so take some warm clothing too. Oh, there was a nice little cafe next to the Spit museum with good food...

Access is via the A253 the A28 and the B2050 from the general direction of Canterbury and the A256 from the Dover direction.

Enjoy, I wish I were going!!

brockenspectre
11th Feb 2006, 10:27
Anyone know what frequencies will be used for the transit of UK and arrival to Manston? :ok: Wonder if it is NOTAMed?!