PDA

View Full Version : Atca

BOH
26th Jan 2006, 22:05
Hey,
seems to of been a while since I posted!! I recently found a Air Traffic Control Assistants job at a certain local airport that I'm going to be applying for and I was just wondering quite what salary you would be looking at in a ATCA's job. Also, does anyone know quite what the promotion prospects are to ATCO at BOH from ATCA?!Quite excited by the opurtunity here!
BOH
Craig :}

Dances with Boffins
27th Jan 2006, 11:23
Are you sure you are applying to BOH Airport? NATS College at Hurn [right next to the airport] is currently recruiting Assistants....
Starting salary for a NATS ATSA is a lot more than at a non-NATS airport. NATS start at about £17k. NATS contracts are not permanent though.

Chance of promotion ATSA --> ATCO in NATS is exactly the same as cheap hooker --> ATCO. You do the tests and if you are good enough, you're accepted for ATCO training. NATS currently has no cheap hooker vacancies though.
DwB:cool:

Gonzo
27th Jan 2006, 12:10
Chance of promotion ATSA --> ATCO in NATS is exactly the same as cheap hooker --> ATCO

Oh, I don't know, one hears some odd stories now and then!!!!:E

sr562
28th Jan 2006, 13:13
With the new pay deal for students they may not even get cheap hookers to train as atco's. ;)

Flaps ten please
28th Jan 2006, 14:26
Let me know if they do, I may even consider coming back...

:O

arthur j negus esq
28th Jan 2006, 20:14
Flaps ten

They need better looking ones, gotta go, phones ringing guess it must be DWB!!!!!

BOH
16th Feb 2006, 15:17
Ive got thru to the interview stage now!what questions are they likely to ask me?wana be prepared!!
BOH

I'm not joking sir
16th Feb 2006, 17:05
That depends. What job are you actually going for?

BOH
16th Feb 2006, 17:44
its air traffic control assistant hence first post

Van Der Hum
16th Feb 2006, 18:34
Are you sure you are applying to BOH Airport? NATS College at Hurn [right next to the airport] is currently recruiting Assistants....

Sorry, just confirm it's the airport not the college.

Non NATS Assistants can start anywhere between £10k-£14k. Pay is definitely better for NATS ATSAs.

Oh and don't be sarcastic. Assistant jobs are incredibly varied so it's a valid question to ask exactly what job you're applying for.

261A
16th Feb 2006, 18:43
Probably a stupid question, but where are the vacancies for NATS assistants? They aren't on the NATS recruitment site so where are they advertised and how do you apply????

Jimmy5616
16th Feb 2006, 22:02
Normally, NATS recruits external atsa's through the local press....Although if you're really keen, write a letter to the HR department, and they will usually keep you on file for selection tests.

But be warned, NATS are only recruiting non permanent atsa's at the moment. And unlike previous times when NATS recruited atsa's on these contracts, there is little prospect of getting a permanent position. Alot of Atsa positions are going to be lost in the next few years. So in theory the company will not have to make many permanent staff redundant by employing the above technique.

BOH
16th Feb 2006, 22:23
its defo with the airport!!saw a advert for leeds bradford for £17k so its confusing with what i mite get paid lol

chevvron
17th Feb 2006, 06:03
If you really want a job as an ATSA, a pre-requisite is the ability to spell.

BOH
19th Feb 2006, 13:03
this is a forum not a spellin test

Flaps ten please
19th Feb 2006, 14:49
Minimum entry requirements for ATSAs: (from NATS website)
* 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including Maths & ENGLISH.
They will probably give you a personality test as well...

DC10RealMan
19th Feb 2006, 15:35
If you fail the personality test, they will offer you a position in management!!

BOH
19th Feb 2006, 16:09
good thing i studied both maths and english lang at AS level then :\ and am supervisor in my current job :ok: BOH

ifaxu
19th Feb 2006, 16:47
why would an ATSA need to spell?

BOH
19th Feb 2006, 16:53
having to update notams and atis, puting flight plans into the computer kind of thing i guess, atleast that's what they did when I was there on work experience.

ifaxu
19th Feb 2006, 17:33
sorry. I was being sarcastic. I started my career as an ATSA so am well aware of the requirements. good luck with your application.

lobby
19th Feb 2006, 18:12
I have been an ATSA for nearly 16 years and never needed to spell! what is the point in having a spel cheker? However, remembering hundreds of different codes and AFTN addresses, thats another thing!