PDA

View Full Version : Hank Prosser

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Jan 2006, 12:43
It was with great sadness that I learned of the recent passing of an ex-colleague - Hank Prosser, another victim of cancer. Hank served at Heathrow from 1973-93, finishing his time there as a Relief Watch Manager. He then spent several years at West Drayton before retiring in 1996.
The person who told me the sad news wrote: "Hank was a pillar of strength to C Watch in the 'good old days' and I have very fond memories of him. Above all he was a decent, honest and caring human being." I echo those sentiments. No man could want a better epitaph.

Hank's funeral is at the Easthampstead Crematorium, Bracknell, on Monday 23rd January at 11am.

2 sheds
22nd Jan 2006, 13:11
Yes, sad news. A thoroughly decent bloke - I remember him well from Bournemouth Airport in 1969 when I was training as a Cadet. Always willing to put himself out for the younger generation coming through the system.

airwaves4u
4th Feb 2006, 12:45
I agree with all thats already been mentioned about Hank. He served with my late father in the RAF in the 1950's and became a friend to the family. He took a particular interest in my own career when I bacame a controller 30 years ago and we remained in touch. I received a Christmas card from him and it was then I realised how ill he was as he had included a hand-written note. A very special man who will be sadly missed.