PDA

View Full Version : NATS, experienced controller.

Tompano
20th Jan 2006, 14:42
:confused: Hi all!

Saw that NATS is looking for controllers. Both new and experienced. I`ve been working in norway now for 5 years and thought I`d give it a go. However, when I followed the link in flightinternational it was a dead-end at the nats homepage. So, I ended up filling out a complete "apply now"-application. Since I`m already a controller with 5 years experience, I didn`t bother to fill in exam results for all schools/colleges I`ve gone to. But now I`ve reiceved a mail for recruitement saying thay need this in order to consider my application.
Does this mean I will have to look through a bunch of old papers looking for my high-school and college grades???
I thought once you were a controller with a ESARR5-certificate that`s all the qualifications they needed...

t

Samish
20th Jan 2006, 17:59
Hey,

I've been looking at the same issues recently. I"m an enroute controller with Nav Canada and am in the process of filling out a NATS application. Does anyone know how they will be running the program for experienced controllers? Would you receive the same pay and training as someone who was off the street?

SHL does the screening in Canada as well, but I wonder if I would have to fly to the UK and write the same aptittude tests again at my own expense?

Also, I'm curious if anyone could tell me the eyesight requirements (diopter range?) at NATS as I've heard their standards are more strict than the CAA medical. I obviously hold a valid Canadian medical, does that count for anything?

Thanks alot :ok:

Lock n' Load
20th Jan 2006, 18:52
I imagine that in saying you need your educational qualifications, the lacky doing the sift of applications hasn't even got to the bit where you say you're a controller! You're probably in the same pile as all the ab-initio applicants.

If I were you guys, I'd email or phone someone in HR at NATS directly, cutting out the subcontracted recruiters.

Number2
20th Jan 2006, 18:55
There were some ex-mil controllers that went through an abbreviated training program a couple of years ago. They were paid approx 42k but, as I understand it, that system was changed and all subsequent offers of a 'short course' were to be paid the same as the other students. That's about to change to approx 10k p.a. if the pay deal is agreed.

A Nav Canada employee I know has started the NATS application process. He's been invited to the UK for selection tests although I know he's asked NATS for his SHL (Canada) selection process to be taken into account. Nothing heard back to date.

I've done both Transport Canada & CAA Class 1 medicals. All very similar although I don't believe that the CAA accommodate corrective eye surgery (although that may have changed by now).

I hope that helped.

Tompano
20th Jan 2006, 19:01
Lock n`Load, I`d like to phone someone there to get some info. But the nats-homepage very much lacks contact-details. I just ended up on some page where I could post an enquiry.. Do you have any person/number I could use? ;)

Samish
20th Jan 2006, 19:34
I would love to hear if NATS will accept test results from Canada as sending over those results seems the like most logical thing to do. When I emailed NATS HR, they said to refer to their website for details on applying. I will probably call them next week for furthur information.

Any hints or advice on whom exactly to speak with would be greatly appreciated! thanks.