PDA

View Full Version : Visit to a NATS site

winningblue3
6th Dec 2005, 04:27
Hi guys,

I'm currently awaiting my 2nd phase assesment and would really like to visit at least one site before my interview. I have spoken to the NATS HR department who had this to say:

"Please be advised that we are unable to facilitate unit visits at this time due to resourcing issues, however please note that this will not hinder your application in any way."

Could anyone advise me of any other ways to arrange a visit?

Many thanks,
Barry

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Dec 2005, 07:08
Yes - just ignore HR and telephone the ATC Unit of your choice. Ask to speak to the Watch Manager/Supervisor and tell him the story. There is a good chance you'll get in.

I wonder what "resourcing issues" means?

siam
8th Dec 2005, 19:18
why not try a non nats unit i am sure they would let you visit and probably will have ex nats students working there. I would have thought a visit anywhere would score points in your interview whether it is nats or not they want to see that you are keen.

Ops and Mops
8th Dec 2005, 22:06
HD
I wonder what "resourcing issues" means?
I think it means that HR are too busy using their resources for Christmas shopping to worry about bringing new blood into the company!

winningblue
HD's advice is probably the best way of getting a visit to any unit, as that is effectively all that HR will do. Even if a particular unit cannot facilitate a visit, you will probably get much more constructive advice from the "coal face" than what you have been given already by HR!