PDA

View Full Version : Manch Director made my day

alosaurus
4th Dec 2005, 20:37
Long day Man-Gva-Man-Fra-Man....deadly dull and got transferred to director....callsign only.

Response to check in... click click. Tried again.... more clicks.

Monarch behind us tried and it multiple clicks and bangs with a "for f*$Ks sake" in the middle. Went down to single crew operations as the F/O was hysterical. Held it together (just) but thanks.

It was worth coming into work just for that moment.

I know ...simple things please bored simple minds.

NudgingSteel
5th Dec 2005, 23:04
Well that one certainly takes the "hello / goodbye" R/T debate to a whole new level!!!!!!

6th Dec 2005, 20:55
ATC headsets are issued on a one-for-life basis; there is no replacement or maintenance schedule, or even a proper test facility........you grow to love your headset and talk to it daily like family......sometimes it misbehaves and you have to get angry with it......sometimes it needs a stern talking to......sometimes the plug falls off.
My headset is called "Brian". Ask the Man controller what his headset is called....he may get angry as well.....but I'll bet he loves it really!
---or she---!

ATCO1962
6th Dec 2005, 23:31
Oh, boy... there are some serious issues here.

Here 055166k, have my comfy white suit, the one that ties up around the back and keeps ones hands out of harms way and has a bib to soak up the drool:} :} :E

cancel_mayday
7th Dec 2005, 04:10
We do share common headsets:(

Lord Toofouright
13th Dec 2005, 00:00
:)
My headset used to have some great ILS intercept headings in it, but just recently it's gone a little haywire and won't let me speak them in time until it's too late! It's going to the menders shortly unless it begins to behave itself again.

Its name is Fanny as it's always a tight fit

.:yuk: :}

Lon More
13th Dec 2005, 05:03
Still got my old Airlite - complete with tufts of hair that came out every time I pulled it off.( I guess I was really attached to it :O)
An American controller published a book some years ago.He reckoned his headset still had a lot of good vectors left in it.