PDA

View Full Version : OAT Question

night hawk 150
24th Nov 2005, 21:30
Hi

can anyone tell me if OAT makes their ppl students wear their oxford aviation uniform.

Regards
Craig

Milt
24th Nov 2005, 21:49
OAT in aviation circles = Outside Air Temperature.

So if the temperature is lower than about 20 C then you would be advised to wear some sort of clothing.!

night hawk 150
24th Nov 2005, 21:52
nice to see someone with a sence of humour in this place seems your on the ball tonight let me say oxford aviation training in the UK is what i mean

Craig

Hour Builder
24th Nov 2005, 21:58
I didnt quite get Milt's reply, however its late and that may have been a joke I simply didnt get, but ya I am pretty sure all OAT students wear the uniform.

HB

night hawk 150
24th Nov 2005, 22:05
Hour Builder

at last there is one good person on here that knows what im going on about thank you for your answer

craig

englishal
24th Nov 2005, 22:58
My Uniform was hawaiian shirt, shorts, sandles and Oakleys.

do they give you some stripes when you pass as well?

S-Works
25th Nov 2005, 13:13
PPL students can wear what the want, its supposed to by a fun hobby not a gimp outing. No one providing recreational training is that far up themselves.

The integrated ATPL students where uniform to get them into the routine and mindset of uniformed work. It makes it easier for them to slip on the McDonalds uniform at the end of the course......... :p

Hour Builder
25th Nov 2005, 15:31
haha nice one bose-x.

I went to Oxford on a visit a few weeks back, and every student I saw was in uniform. They guys on the integrated ATPL course, who were in the ground school part of the course (ie. have yet to ever sit in a SEP aircraft to date (are on the PPL part of their course)) were still wearing uniform.

Are you 100% sure that Oxford aren't that far up themselves?

haha GIMP outing...still cracks me up

:D

markflyer6580
25th Nov 2005, 19:20
gimp outing
mcdonalds uniform
Just brightened up my day,hahahahaha:} :ok: :ok:

Maude Charlee
26th Nov 2005, 16:15
Dunno how many stripes they'd have to give the MEP/IR studes if the PPLs also wear a uniform. Even dictators of banana republics try to limit it to just 4 rings. ;)

Seriously though, good school, decent instructors, top notch facilities thanks to investing your over priced fees, and you'd be unlucky not to come out fairly well prepped whether PPL or CPL. Don't get me started on jobs though........:}