PDA

View Full Version : Calling all FOREING FIs in UK

papazulu
15th Nov 2005, 13:47
Hello gents.

Sorry to bother you again with questions regarding FI jobs in UK but while weather keep us on the ground even in southern EU I rather type my doubts ant try to get set for the good season...
Holding a JAA FI (no-UK) rating and being restricted I wish to move to more busy realities and gain experience in more a competitive market. I know almost everybody opinion on FI's life worldwide and is not what you would call "comfortable" for many reasons, moneywise first...However my question is more regarding standardization process: I am sure that there won't be any FTO willing to take up a new FI especially if trained abroad and not familiar with UK airspace and airlaw so, ground and home studying apart, I wish to find out how much a CFI would ask me to do before taking me into consideration for a job, and how he/she would plan to do it (trial lesson, supervisioning, etc,ect...). I know there are other issues such language and attitude to teach but...one thing at the time.

Looking mainly to hear from no-UK FIs working up there and share their experiences, I would like hints from FTOs and CFIs who will give their point of view. Thanks BEagle ans Say-again-slowly...

Take care

PZ:ok:

Say again s l o w l y
15th Nov 2005, 15:02
I certainly wouldn't have any problems employing a JAA FI purely on the basis of where they are from.
As long as the ability to communicate is there and you have a good attitude, then there shouldn't be a problem.

With regards to issues of standardisation, this can often be a problem for CFI's no matter where their instructors come from. If the FI is willing to go through the process of learning exactly the way we teach at the school and the procedures expected, then again there shouldn't be too many problems.

Personally I would supervise a new instructor very carefully anyway, so hopefully we can find any problems at an early stage.

I believe there are a couple of non uk chaps up at Tayside in Dundee, maybe they could be of use? I don't think there has been any particular problems faced by them.