PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Instructor

UB6IB9
21st Oct 2005, 14:27
Hello,

Gents, does foreign instructing time (ie. Canadian) count in the JAA. For example if I was converting my Canadian license to JAA and decided to do the JAA FI rating after, would the schools like the fact that I instructed in Canada or would they not count my hrs instructing because they were earned outside the JAA?

Cheers

Whopity
22nd Oct 2005, 21:34
Flying hours and experience are valid no matter where they are obtained. Whilst you may have to go through the hoops to obtain the necessary licences and ratings your experience will be of use to an employer.

jaarrgh
25th Oct 2005, 09:15
Canadian instructor time seemed warmly received over here when I converted. Looking for insructor work over here with previous experience will stand youn in good stead. To convert its a half course (15 hrs) and flight test with examiner (not a full and terrifying CAA employee like over there) Its all pretty much the same with just a few little differences. best of luck.

UB6IB9
26th Oct 2005, 04:34
Thanks for the replies gents. Besides instructing, I also have time glider towing, banner towing and aerobatics. I'm just a little nervous about the fact that since Europe is precision precision precision and that most FTU aim towards training airline pilot's, that they might think my time is a little reckless?????

Cheers