in WA -

King Leopold - 250hrs

Slingair - 500hrs

Alligator - 250hrs

feel free to amend or add
good luck

DUXNUTZ
16th Oct 2005, 03:25
Should read * Or lower per authorisation of the chief pilot.

Know many who have gotten in with way less to many of the above mentioned organisations.

bushy
16th Oct 2005, 13:47
More important is Do you really want to be there, doing the work that they do, or are you just there to "get the hours and get out"

DUXNUTZ
17th Oct 2005, 05:37
Hmm yeah i think we all "want to be there".

The fabulous pay and incredible working conditions speak for themselves....

Transition Layer
17th Oct 2005, 07:31
Oh dear, here goes bushy again...

Yeah we all love working and living in sh1tty little towns, wish I could make a career of it!

When will you understand that just because we don't want to fly in GA forever, it doesn't mean we don't care. Everyone I know slugs their guts out while in GA and puts a hell of a lot of effort into it. It is the best fun you'll have but at the end of the day, it's not a career, it doesn't pay the bills and fortunately most of us move on.

TL

bushy
17th Oct 2005, 12:34
I made a career of it, and earned more than my wife, who was a teacher. What's the matter with you blokes? No-one said it was easy.
Maybe your expectations are not realistic.

185skywagon
17th Oct 2005, 12:55
Career, me too Bushy. not a great living but allows me to pay off an A185F, and raise my family, and see a lot of country.

TL:Yeah we all love working and living in sh1tty little towns
check attitude, you are generally a worthwhile poster. some of us come from these sh1tty little towns
you gotta start somewhere, some of us are happy where we start.

the wizard of auz
17th Oct 2005, 13:19
I like my sh1tty little town...........in fact I bought a house and all here and am happy raising my crowd in this ****ty little town.
I like the part of GA I'm, involved in too........don't think much of the other parts of GA, but hey, each to their own.
Some of us do make a career out of it. being a bus driver in the over regulated, over rated, over priced, over competetive big stuff doesn't appeal to every one.

185skywagon
17th Oct 2005, 22:09
Huntsman,
to your original post:
we do not place much credence in minimums. we would be more interested in seeing if you can actually fly as well as your general attitude.

Transition Layer
17th Oct 2005, 22:32
I like my sh1tty little town...........in fact I bought a house and all here and am happy raising my crowd in this ****ty little town.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to offend anyone - there are plenty of amazing places out there, I just probably experienced the worst of the worst, somewhere you wouldn't think of raising a family.

It just seems bushy has a massive chip on his shoulder about blokes working in GA and moving on. There are plenty of people who would love to stay in GA if only it offered the same level of financial security and stability. The flying is sure as hell more fun!

:ok:
TL

bushy
18th Oct 2005, 02:45
Bushy is getting tired of the flood of bigheaded airline wannabies who come looking for quick, free qualifications, and belittle the organisations that they use to get them.
The reality is, that with 500 hours multi, you are about half way through your apprenticeship.
And there are only a few airline jobs to be had. But we still have lots of CPLholders working cheap at temporary jobs and undercutting the career pilots who treat G.A. with the respect it deserves.

disco_air
18th Oct 2005, 04:45
Those SlingAir and Alligator minimums should be taken with a grain of salt...