pneumatic boot
22nd Sep 2005, 10:46
Anyone got theirs yet?

TenAndie
22nd Sep 2005, 16:03
Tomorrow i would think :ugh:

tinmouse
22nd Sep 2005, 16:32
Apparently they are lots of queries with some of the questions and they may be a while. Can anyone confirm this or shed some light on it?

Also, do you have to wait till they come in the post, or can you call the CAA?

Cheers.

SmilingKnifed
22nd Sep 2005, 17:01
The waiting's killing me! Good luck all.

raceeend
22nd Sep 2005, 19:06
SmilingKnifed

What to think about me! I'm terrified for the results! It's driving me crazy!

Good that we have an evening/night farmacist out on the streets here on this side of the pond, to provide me with some special, very helpfull relaxation medication:D

:ok: Goldmember:ok:

EGAC_Ramper
22nd Sep 2005, 19:08
I do believe there where 2/3 questions being looked at in the flight planning paper with a view to them being credited or removed,I know as I sat the darn thing!!!:yuk:

We'll see what tomorrow brings guys'n'gals!

Regards

NDB
22nd Sep 2005, 21:22
It was in the flight planning that they got the co-ords of a beacon mixed up, well I think it was FP!!

Why was there more flight planning in G Nav than FP?

I sat phase II (FP, OP, AL, M&B, Perf, GNav and RNav) how did people find them?

Perf was all feedback, M&B didn't seem too bad, but I guess well find out in a few hours!!

A350
23rd Sep 2005, 02:05
I hope we get them today cause I think I might need the whole weekend to 'deal with the results' (drink drink drink)

The more I think about them the more Im convinced I failed a few, I hope its just my nerves getting at me.

Best of luck to everyone

A350

EGAC_Ramper
23rd Sep 2005, 08:08
I sat phase II (FP, OP, AL, M&B, Perf, GNav and RNav) how did people find them?

Found M&B ok aswell as perfomrance,certainly easier than I was expecting as I was dreading the thing.Gen Nav was the only exam that I used up the full time to complete and give the once over for checking.Air Law was alright not sure on FP.

Regards

The Otter's Pocket
23rd Sep 2005, 08:27
Well anybody got there results yet? This is driving me absolutely potty...aaaaarggggh!

Keith.Williams.
23rd Sep 2005, 09:35
The CAA have just advised me that the results have not yet been posted. They hope to post them today.

EGAC_Ramper
23rd Sep 2005, 10:16
Yes indeed I've just called Oxford and as mentioned they are all be posted today! Apparently this was due to the afformentioned large number of queries on questions leading to this.Now got to sit here all weekend waiting.:*

Regards

tinmouse
23rd Sep 2005, 18:35
Ehhh… Did we not pay these people money? How do they think they are. Firstly they give us bogus questions in the exam. THEN they make us wait weeks for the results?

B***ards.

VC10 Rib22
23rd Sep 2005, 18:49
I can confirm that all results have been posted and will reach mailboxes on Monday. I do find it very annoying how the C.A.A choose to prolong the suffering of students by insisting on posting all results, instead of embracing technology and sending them by e-mail, with the official hard copy arriving whenever. With this attitude, I'm surprised they don't go the whole hog and have results delivered by horse and cart, or by carrier pigeon.....released from a not too unreasonable distance like, say, Sydney.

I know some will read this and think we are demonstrating impatience - what difference a few more days ? - but after putting a lot of effort into the exams, we just want to be put out of our misery, not helped by daily harassment from friends and family ( "No, probably tomorrow," becoming the standard reply). This is even more pertinent as, instead of being able to celebrate, or drown one's sorrows, we now face a THIRD weekend of the unknown. This is bad on a personal level but I believe it is equally bad on the C.A.A., for it creates a situation where a pilot's first impression of his/her industry regulator is of a slow and inefficient body, which chooses not to assist those who operate under its umbrella,and not the pleasant experience it could and should be. One could argue this sows the seeds for a resentment and distrust of the C.A.A that lasts a career - I often wonder, when talking to pilots who dislike the C.A.A. (the majority), how much my notion holds true.

Dic mihi solum facta.

VC10 Rib22

tinmouse,

Don't ever waste your time phoning the C.A.A. regarding results. They refuse to divulge them to flight schools who pay them hundreds of thousands of pounds annually for their 'service', so they are hardly likely to do so to a mere individual

tinmouse
23rd Sep 2005, 19:26
VC10 Rib22

Thank you for you very political reply. As you can see I’m not in a political mood! I’m frustrated with the syllabus and the waiting time. As I’m from an IT background, I’m aware of how efficient it can be, and frustrated with the CAA because they haven’t seem to have grasped this concept even tough it’s is 2005, (Probably because of internal Politics)!

It’s stressful enough studying this stuff (most of it historical and redundant), but then they make us wait a long time for results only make it more stressful – at a premium we pay for?

Anyway, that’s my bitch session over with!
Good luck to all – when ever you get your results!

Alex Whittingham
23rd Sep 2005, 21:55
VC10 rib 32, its not true! the CAA will cheerfully give results to FTOs but not until they have been sent to the candidates who, bizzarely, the CAA seem to feel responsible to. You could argue they could be quicker, but that's a different point.

rocketboots
24th Sep 2005, 08:18
Got my results this morning.
Sat 6 , passed all 6.. Thanks GTS.

apoball
24th Sep 2005, 08:28
I sat BGS Mod 1 and passed all 8.

The marks were much higher than I expected considering how tricky the exams were. I wonder how many questions were removed..?

Sorry to all those still dangling,
And thanks to BGS.

APO

TenAndie
24th Sep 2005, 11:19
Passed all 5, got 75 in Met. If you get anymore than 75, your doing too much work. hehe

Finshed my ATPLs now. Such a relief !! :D

Turkish777
24th Sep 2005, 14:13
I guess us guys/ladies on the other side of the pond will have to wait till Monday...

:*

VC10 Rib22
25th Sep 2005, 00:03
Alex,

if this is the case, I don't understand why it is so. As far as I am concerned, the C.A.A. should not differentiate between a student and his/her groundschool - it's not as though they would be operating to different agendas ( if they were, I would suggest there are more important problems to be addressed than who sees the results first ). My personal opinion is that the groundschool should get the results first, which would allow instructors, who should hopefully know the personalities of each of their students, to use their years of experience in this field to deliver any bad news in as caring a way as possible, allaying any 'end of my world' notions and immediately address the next course of action to be taken.

Regards,

VC10 Rib22

Martin1234
25th Sep 2005, 22:18
I hope you are all joking.

I'm the customer, I'm the one taking the exams, I'm the one using the results to get a certificate issued in my name, I'm the one that can appeal the result itself, I'm the one paying for the exams. Why in the world should the school be given priority to get the exam results? It would also increase workload for the school if they would have been the first to know.

If my groundschool applies for a new approval, should the CAA send the "result" to me or the groundschool?

Personally, I see no reason why it is compulsory to use an approved ground school in the first place.

However...

to use their years of experience in this field to deliver any bad news in as caring a way as possible

I agree. If you have passed all ATPL exams but just one and fail it on your last attempt.. they should definately send out a priest knocking on your door to deliver the bad news. I\'ve heard that immediate professional counceling is needed when you are faced with such an extremely tragic occurance. How cold-hearted by the CAA to send out such a result by post.

Alex Whittingham
26th Sep 2005, 07:23
I think Martin1234 has it on the nose. The candidates are the customer, the CAA has a responsibility to them. I think there is a method whereby the groundschool can make the exam application on behalf of the student, then they may get the results first. It paticularly suits the integrated model. Do Oxford do that?

What happens with us is the CAA send out the results to individuals by post then they collate all our candidates results into an Excel spreadsheet and e-mail it through to me. At the earliest they arrive on the same day as the posted results, at the latest 3 or 4 working days later.

EGAC_Ramper
26th Sep 2005, 10:41
I've just phoned and recieved mine from Oxford,all 14 are now complete!! :D

Many thanks to the intructors!

Cheers

raceeend
26th Sep 2005, 15:09
I got 6 out of 7, Failed MET. I'm pretty happy to be honnest.

Wonder how Smilingknifed did :-)

VC10 Rib22
27th Sep 2005, 11:19
Alex,

That is indeed what happens at Oxford - the school both apply for exams on behalf of the students and receive the results, to pass on to the students.

Martin1234,

I appreciate the way you are doing your training means that you may not have the same relationship with your groundschool as I do with mine, so the customer/client line is something you are clearly more aware of. From the timescale Alex mentioned about when he receives the results I would say it starts to become a chicken and egg scenario, and I can't really see the importance of being first to open that envelope.

As for your priest remark, of course it makes no difference to hard b******s like us how we receive poor results, but there are plenty of people at my school who are fairly young and lucky enough to be being heavily subsidised by family, the combination of both meaning they are under tremendous pressure not to fail. Being a fully self-funded student it would be easy for me not to have any sympathy for these students, but I do, so instructors being able to pass any poor results in a manner that lets them know their life-long ambition isn't over is no bad thing.

I hope my MET CD has served you well.:D

Congratulations to all those who have passed exams this time around and are that bit nearer to where they want to get to, especially wee EGAC_Ramper - travellers all over the world are sleeping better at night knowing their luggage is that bit safer from being launched into the back of aircraft at pace from your clumsy hands ;). Give my regards to AP246.

VC10 Rib22

mad_jock
27th Sep 2005, 12:23
I could never understand why they couldn't just issue everyone with a random candidate number in the exam booking and then post all the results in a oner on the web. With an option you could opt out if you like. It would save the CAA money as well, unless you opt out they will only have to produce 1 bit of paper at the end when you have finished.

Unless you have told someone your number know one will know who you are. The numbers won't be traceable to a school. It will stop the phone lines getting clogged up with questions about when the results are out and then everyone will have access at the same time.

MJ

Alex Whittingham
27th Sep 2005, 12:26
You are talking about the organisation that has, over the last two years, continuously failed to put the CAPS 696, 697 and 698 on the website for download, despite agreeing to do so, because "it's not as easy as just scanning them to PDF and putting them on the website". The CAA's internal procedures seem to make anything related to IT incredibly difficult to action.

mad_jock
27th Sep 2005, 17:01
it's not as easy as just scanning them to PDF and putting them on the website

What a load of bollocks.

What you will find is that the department that is to do with those publications is proberly staffed by 45-65 year old employees. Who have a black belt in job creation. They will be not very hot at using a computer and I suspect will require a training budget greater than the cost of the salary of one person who knows what they are doing.

And there is not alot you can do about them without the unions getting upset. Even if you design systems around them you can get into trouble. Unions get upset if you seem to be making them redundant.

Thinking about it the mangers proberly have a bit of a nightmare what to do with these types in a civil service enviroment, when you don't have the option of getting rid of them.

MJ

ian andrews
28th Sep 2005, 05:18
I had to phone my g/s to find out my results as they still haven,t arrived. I think the carrier pigeon they are using has got lost!!
Has anyone else had the same problems?

Banon
28th Sep 2005, 08:24
i got my results last monday and im in ireland.

a friend of mine who did his exams with the IAA 6 months back finished his exams on a thursday and had his results following tuesday.

ive got mine done now,it was an interesting year or so! good luck to people who are currently doing them. there do-able with the right attitude!

menikos
29th Sep 2005, 16:01
Hello,

congratulation to all of you, anyone who was on the module1 BGS classroom 2 (Kristian, Gisele, Philipp, Mohamed, Brahim, ......)just to know if it was ok for you, for me thanks god it's a full success now let's go for the mod2, thanks to the teachers they are very good and very hepful.

Cheers.

Martin1234
29th Sep 2005, 18:52
In a few months' time all ATPL exams in Sweden will be taken on a computer. This will give you the possibility to take the exams whenever you feel like it and not at a predetermined day/time. You will get the result, which you do as of today as well, after you sat the exam and the result could only change for the better pending any appeal. The exams will be taken at approved testing centers with an approved invigilator. I believe that it shouldn't cost more than something in the region of £200 to get an approval of a testing center with one invigilator (which has to attend a one day course). The testing center only needs to use an internet-connected computer with a screen not smaller than 17". The candidate pays one fee to the CAA and one to the testing center which can charge whatever they can or want to.

In spite of a better examination system, I still travel from Sweden to the UK to take the exams because I rather deal with the UK CAA and a UK school. Believe it or not, this has saved me alot of headache. My worst mistake so far was to deal with the Swedish licencing department at all.

VC10 Rib22, the met CD is worth its money and hopefully does the trick to help me to pass the exam. It's a shame that the "punishment" for buying an original and not a copy is that I can't use it in my laptop which doesn't have a cdrom-player.