PDA

View Full Version : Any Instructor Who Can Help

night hawk 150
4th Aug 2005, 19:46
I am looking for an instructor who has his/her's own GA airplane who could offer a seat from time to time so I could log it towards my PPL.

I have been given an opportunity to obtain my Instructor Rating by Sponsorship and am needed to get my PPL finished if I am to benefit from this offer.

If you are an instructor and could help of make any suggestions to obtaining more hours (logged) then please PM me or send me an e-mail at craigrichardson12(AT)btinternet(DOT)com

I would consider travelling further a field so please contact me if you can help.

Thank you in advance.

Craig

GusHoneybun
4th Aug 2005, 20:31
For a flight to be instructional, it must be carried out in either
a) a public CofA aircraft, or
b) the student owns/ part owns the aircraft in which instruction is being carried out.

What I understand you to be asking is if there are any instructors who have their own CofA aircraft that they are happy to provide free tuition in. I think I can say safely say that the list will be painfully short.

There is no quick way to getting your PPL. Pay your money and get the best training you can find. Once you are qualified, you will still need to build up to 150 hours PIC to begin your instructor's course. Ways that you could look into to help build your post PPL hours included glider towing, parachute dropping, maintenance flights. A trawl through the private flying forum will give you a better angle on these areas of flying

BingoWings
4th Aug 2005, 21:22
Why don't you try and offer your services in any way you can at your local airfield in hope that they might give you tuition from time to time?
Assertive attitude though, good for you.

night hawk 150
5th Aug 2005, 00:00
thank you for bothe for your reply's and have taken your comments on board i plan once i have my ppl to head off to florida on holiday and rack up about 250 hours traveling around the US to count towards my Instructors rating.

im good at gardening if anyone would like me to do their garden for a few hours training.

He He worth a try.

:D

thanks

Whopity
5th Aug 2005, 08:20
Public Transport Cs of A ceased to exist in Sept 04. All Cs of A are now deemed to be EASA equivalent.

If the flight is unremunerated, it can be conducted in any aircraft in the class, it could be maintained to private or public transport standards, or even be on a permit.

The FI and the aircraft would have to be listed under a Registered Facility, and all flights operated from a licensed aerodrome if the hours are to count; few FIs are likely to own their own aircraft let alone give a studen free flying.

You will also have to complete the CPL written exams and if you want to be paid as an instructor complete a CPL course before you consider the Instructor course.

Getting a sponsored instructor course before getting a PPL is putting the cart before the horse. There is an awful long way to go and it will cost over £20,000