PDA

View Full Version : A330 minus a winglet

Bearcat
25th Jul 2005, 23:09
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=366323 I trust our friends in toulouse were consulted re this departure.

Whats the storey re dispatch in regard to a bucket load of speed tape stuffed into the gapping hole with the removal of the winglet? no smart arse anwsers please just the what it says in the dispatch deviation guide whatever that is inairbus language.

Thanks...

donpizmeov
25th Jul 2005, 23:19
The CDL (equivalent to that deviant guide you talk of) says, if its broke...Inspect to make sure nothing else is damaged...rip it off...tape it up...write it up in the book...work out new fuel for trip as you will burn more...and off you go.

No need for phone calls to anyone French.

Don

mutt
26th Jul 2005, 03:35
Boeing also permit it on the 747, no big deal actually.....

Mutt

Old Smokey
26th Jul 2005, 11:25
.....and under some conditions of weight and balance on the B747, you actually burn less fuel.

Regards,

Old Smokey

Transition Layer
28th Jul 2005, 02:15
Interestingly enough, you can dispatch a 744 with one winglet missing, but not two!

petitfromage
28th Jul 2005, 02:57
WINGLET (2)

One may be missing provided hole is covered.
Increase fuel consumption by 1%.
Reduce the take-off and approach climb limiting weight by 4%.
The maximum zero fuel weight must not be higher than 152 tonnes.
The maximum take-off weight must not be higher than 200 tonnes.

Scallywag
29th Jul 2005, 21:21
So what's your problem Bearcat ??? All perfectly legal so why the attitude in your post.

And what's a "gapping" hole :p

PAXboy
30th Jul 2005, 01:01
Isn't it true that some of the high density, Japanese domestic 744's , have no winglets at all? As I understand it, the benefit of the winglets is in the cruise. If you run short sectors as in this case, then the cost benefit of paying extra for the sticky up bits is not worth the cost of having them fitted. I sit to be corrected.