PDA

View Full Version : to all wannabe who want a job.

spaceman1000
1st Jul 2005, 15:39
please, stop to dream to become a pilot.
I receive many emails from pilots who do not find a job, and the situation is not going to change.

consider that after you training , cpl, IR, multi, MCC you will have to pay for a type rating.
you will find yourself in a situation where you will not be able to pay back your parents, family, bank,...

at this time, there is a shortage of train drivers.It is a good job, you can play with the "tuuu-tuuu", and make "tchou tchou tchou tchou"
my friends who are drivers, are very happy. They stop in big train stations, meet many nice girls,...and have a good paycheck.

one of my friend (Jacky, the king of the rail) is captain on the TGV (train a grande vitesse), he drives faster than an airbus and he doesnt want be a pilot anymore, He does not make "tuuuu tuuu" but "twiiii-twiii".

he told me the job is much funnier ,and he has less pressure, except he has to be on time at home to be with his freaky kids(they are on drug BTW)!.
his cabin is like an airbus, a glass cockpit, and everything is managed by a GPS and a compter.
he drives only 3-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week.
his wife, she is really sexy. much better than a BA crewmember. she weight only 220 lbs and shave only once a day.

with the extra money my friend does, he can buy her extra blades for her legs.(and face, but this is a secret)

anyway, to be a train driver is not for everybody!

Please contact your local train station for more info.
Good luck!

(ok I am kidding!!!but heh, we must have some fun here time to times, so what more about jacky?)

Blinkz
1st Jul 2005, 15:48
Can't we ban him? I mean it was really funny to start with but now its just boring :rolleyes:

:}

Send Clowns
1st Jul 2005, 15:50
Surely Jetblast for this. Mods?

spaceman1000
1st Jul 2005, 15:59
you can not, first amendment , or speech liberty!:p

PilotOnline
1st Jul 2005, 16:01
I'd love to see the TGV go faster than a passenger jet!

topcat450
1st Jul 2005, 16:02
I think I can tell why you've not got a job.

Send Clowns
1st Jul 2005, 16:06
First ammendment? Europe? Danny's site? No constitution (thank God) on either part, ammended or not.

tom24
1st Jul 2005, 16:24
This Weirdo is alway complaining he can't get a job. Not surprising when he spends all his time all day every day on here!

This Weirdo is always complaining his mates can't get flying jobs. Well, not surprisng as his mates (dubious that he really has any) are bound to be Weirdo's like him.

At first you were quite funny, but its now getting so tedious. People don't listen to losers, so you may as well quit posting as we all started ignorong you a long time ago!

Now :mad: off!!

YYZ
1st Jul 2005, 18:47
You cannot get a job if you spend all day on PRuNe!!:confused:

Damm:}

what who me?
1st Jul 2005, 21:19
spacecake must be busy on his A320 course

arpansingla
1st Jul 2005, 22:00
2 words: Toss Pot

WX Man
2nd Jul 2005, 07:56
GO SPACEMAN!!!!!!!

Tallbloke
2nd Jul 2005, 10:09
If you don't want to read it, you can ban him (or her) yourself. Hit profile and "add to ignore list". No need to add to the burden of moderators. And anyway, I am sure if he were banned, a Spaceman1001 would appear as quick as you can say "everybody hates me why can't I get a job"

Telstar
2nd Jul 2005, 10:14
Spaceman, I got a job on a Jet Yesterday. Less then 250 Hrs. So did two other low hour'd guys that were there.

Maybe its time for an attitude transplant?

Craggenmore
2nd Jul 2005, 10:44
well done Telstar

Who with?

:ok:

sidtheesexist
2nd Jul 2005, 14:27
spaceman bashers give the astronaut a break - all that zero gravity has obviously had some serious side effects - perhaps NASA's medical dept should be invoved? But seriously, his posts are priceless - I say keep 'em coming, I laugh my mamaries off!!! :ok:

spaceman1000
2nd Jul 2005, 15:13
hello my dear fellow friends,

there is a train which goes fast like a plane, 500km/h on a magnetic rail, and it is in japan, and the TGV will go soon up to 270km/h.

how fast do you go with your British train?

the futur is in the train system, not in aviation. look at all these guys looking for a job.Be realistic, airlines want pilots with thousand hours jet. Do you have these MINIMUM requirements?

so why not to consider a career as a train pilot?at least you will make good money, a good life, and you will be home everynight with your wife and kids.

I am considering to change my job, and we we talk later when I will be in my TGV and you, with no money left and no job!!!

so now what do you have to say?

YYZ
2nd Jul 2005, 16:27
I am considering to change my job

WHAT? After funding your type rating?? are you sure you're not talking more b@ll@cks.....

FireFoxDown
2nd Jul 2005, 16:47
I have to say that it gave me a laugh! :}

Wrong forum maybe though . . .

Telstar
2nd Jul 2005, 16:52
so now what do you have to say?

At the risk of repeating myself, I got a job yesterday, and so did two other 250 hr guys from Spain.

Its because your, well, a Space Cadet! :E

Craggenmore
2nd Jul 2005, 16:58
At the risk of repeating myself....

well done Telstar, who with?
:ok:

Telstar
2nd Jul 2005, 20:00
Crag, I read your question. I was doing a Michael Howard on you. I'd prefer to remain annonymous in that respect, so I was ignoring your question.

gaypilote
3rd Jul 2005, 03:24
spaceman1000, if your ever stuck for anywhere to park you big train...;)

hingey
3rd Jul 2005, 13:35
the futur is in the train system, not in aviation. look at all these guys looking for a job.Be realistic, airlines want pilots with thousand hours jet. Do you have these MINIMUM requirements?

so why not to consider a career as a train pilot?at least you will make good money, a good life, and you will be home everynight with your wife and kids.

Well when operators are offering for trans- atlantic train journeys, they will be swamped with CVs of people with low hours willing to pay for their 'type rating' who know they will be spending xmas away from home in a supersonic train travelling below the atlantic.

plumponpies
5th Jul 2005, 10:24
Strap spaceman to the rails and TGV right over him!
(Moaning TW*T!)

jonjon
5th Jul 2005, 14:57
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for Spaceman's bad sense of humour.

As a frog myself I thought it was something I had to do.

Spaceman, l'humour pipi-caca, c'est vrai qu'il nous a fait sourire au debut mais la, je pense qu'on peux se dire "tu", t'es lourd.

J

What's a Girdler
5th Jul 2005, 15:31
Spaceman

One word mate!! Trafalgar!!:E

Now F**k off!!!

RVR800
5th Jul 2005, 16:13
How is the typerating on the 'bus going Spaceman ? ............

Or have you decided that a type is not worth the cash (30,000 E)

Does the TGV have a co-pilot? or is it fully automated

Does the train have an auto-throttle?

Send Clowns
5th Jul 2005, 21:52
JonJon

I have had French students on my class, as well as those of former French empire. They have had a fine sense of humour, even when I wind them up about France (the Greenwich Meridian is a fine source of comment, as is the kilometre, in Navigation lectures). We know Spaceman is not typical, and nor is Chirac ;)

VisaGeeza
6th Jul 2005, 06:40
One thing's for sure, Spaceman is an expert at rattling the monkeys cage!:} :} :}

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
6th Jul 2005, 12:04
Spaceman

Did you see that London won the 2012 Olympics, and not Paris

Something to do with London having a better transport system apparently

dlav
6th Jul 2005, 12:14
surely this has to be a troll?
every thread is the same old sh*t over and over again, getting a kick out of starting an argument etc.

Mind you tho, you are guaranteed a laugh!

Well done London

BillieBob
7th Jul 2005, 22:25
Of course it's a troll - it's name is ronchonner. This particular individual has been winding up the more gullible members of Pprune for many a long year. It's comforting to know that there continue to be so many people who are prepared to be made such fools of - the industry would not be the same without them.

moggiee
8th Jul 2005, 08:32
Spaceman1000 is obviously French. They can't even get the Olympics, let alone flying jobs!

G-LOST
17th Jul 2005, 09:01
Spaceman is Ronchonner and I applaud him for keeping the faith!!

There are far too many seriarses out there who can't see his humour for what it is. Keep it up, boy!! You do make me laugh..

LOST

Wee Weasley Welshman
17th Jul 2005, 13:59
He's sad but he had become a slight part of the fabric here.

Fact is jobs are abounding at the moment. I expect a slight hiatus and then after 6 months we will be back to ful throttle hiring.

It seems to work like this. There is a recession/Sept11th event and pilots are out of work. It takes a good year for the exerienced and talented ones to find work. Then for maybe two years things progress at glacial pace as the airlines settle into their restructured state. Then a trickle of recruitment begins - experience levels are quite high.

We then reach the current phase where a great many airlines have not recruited lavishly but have expanded and are thus at breaking point and NEED crews yesterday. There being a wide and deep reservoir of legally qualified people out there they have little difficulty in opening the taps. Hence certain well known British airlines are recruiting dozens every month through various schemes which place a significant burden of risk and expenditure by the individual recruit.

This will ease the situation and recruitment will slow (this is where we are about now). Many Wannabes hovering on the edges of training will now commit as hiring seems good. In about a year from now there will be a glut of people about to finish training with low hours.

About two years from now recruiting will be at full throttle again as the whole industry expands - not just the low cost carriers plus Virgin.

If you started training 12 - 18 months ago you may have timed it just right to enter the industry now/6months ago. If you start today you may well catch the glut. If you start in a years time you may just hit the sweet spot.

All this of course is no more than a horoscope written by me. But this does have the air of 1997 about it at the moment. Which is very similar to the situation in 1987. Beyond that I am too young to remember or have been interested. History repeats itself and I can't overstress how important it is that you acquaint yourself with how the industrys hiring cycle has worked before.

Many Wannabes don't and doom themselves to be a victim of past mistakes.

Cheers

Continental Drifter
20th Jul 2005, 11:03
WWW,
An interesting and informative post - you just have to wade through ronchonner / spaceman's buffoonery to reach it. Got to admit he makes me laugh though - esp. how he so easily winds up wannabees.

kobus
20th Jul 2005, 11:42
spaceman,

It's no surprise that you can't find a job, learn to write decent english first!

VisaGeeza
25th Jul 2005, 08:56
I think that he dlibratly rite like that. Chances are that he mkes quite useful posts in another guise! WWW would know, he is privy to IP numbers and I suspect the computer ability to link names!