PDA

View Full Version : a320 AP question

charger
27th Jun 2005, 16:15
Hi everybody!

I'm kinda new here, but i have a question about the a320. For as far as i know it is not possible to make an CATI auto land.

But when does the AP disconect then?. I know for example that it does at mda -50ft or 400ft agl in an non precision app but is there something similar for a CATI ils??

I found 160ft agl somewhere as a min alt for CATI AP operation, but does it then disconnect?

please help!

ps. sorry for my english... not my native language:uhoh:

catchup
27th Jun 2005, 16:23
To my limited knowledge, yes it's possible....

regards

Max Angle
27th Jun 2005, 16:26
If you have APPR mode selected (ie LOC and G/S) and have a valid ILS signal it will not disconnect, the aircraft will autoland as long as at least one autopilot is engaged. Don't be fooled by the CAT 1/2/3 status shown on the FMA, for instance if you had one A/P engaged and one ILS receiver inoperative the FMA would annunciate CAT 1 but the aircraft will still autoland. You are quite correct about the 160ft rule. If you have only CAT1 shown on the FMA you should not use the A/P below 160ft but it will still perform an autoland rather than disconnecting.

Busdrvr
28th Jun 2005, 14:54
Yes, you can autoland on a Cat1 runway. We have approval to do it at our two hubs, since they have no Cat2/3 approaches. The company had to do this so we could keep the aircraft current for Cat Ops

charger
28th Jun 2005, 19:29
Thanks for the anwsers you guys!!!!:D