PDA

View Full Version : The useful "STUFF" we all have?

The Real Slim Shady
8th Jun 2005, 14:16
I have a shedload of handy "STUFF"; information, documents, manuals etc which I give to the folks I am training. Pretty standard "STUFF", icing, RVSM,BRNAV, Weight and balance etc.

Most of the people I train also have "STUFF"; notes they have made, tables of useful info, volmets etc. The acquired "STUFF" we keep in our hany "STUFF" folders in our bags.

So question for the mods and for everyone else: I am quite happy to share my "STUFF" if anyone would find it useful or interesting etc.

Is it possible to have a facility where we could upload files or send them for inclusion in a databse of "STUFF" which would be available to everyone?

eaglejet
8th Jun 2005, 14:30
what is it talking about? general aviation or advanced training?

cheers

Dom Joly
8th Jun 2005, 14:33
Yes please, I second the motion:ok:

Alternatively if someone with some web techno know how could set-up a web page where useful "STUFF" could be put then I would certainly use it. Think it would be a good idea to seperate G/A from Commercial. Could then further divide down to different aircraft types, airfield info, airway info etc.

Good idea Slim.

The Real Slim Shady
8th Jun 2005, 14:46
Eagle,
I'm not being specific. Just asking the question.

My own stuff relates to commercial but there are so many varied experiences and backgrounds here that the wealth of information would have to be subdivided.

Captain Stable
8th Jun 2005, 22:17
Looking into this one. It has potential, but there are one or two details that need sorting out. Thanks for the suggestion, Slim.

Jet_A_Knight
9th Jun 2005, 05:26
Count me in.:ok:

The Real Slim Shady
9th Jun 2005, 10:57
Captain Stable,

if you PM me an email address I will send you a copy of a document, if you are interested, to give you an idea of what I mean.

Captain Stable
10th Jun 2005, 00:35
Slim, you can send it to me at stable @ pprune.org - remove the spaces either side of the "@", of course.

AirRabbit
10th Jun 2005, 23:29
I agree, great idea … The only downside I see is that with all the “stuff” that would be generated and warehoused, and all the subdivisions that would likely have to be made … all of us could get what we’re interested in, individually, and download it, print it, and have it all available in our … uh … handy “stuff” folders … uh … that we keep in our bags. :ugh:

av8boy
11th Jun 2005, 02:12
Capt. S…

I am willing to set up a website for this particular endeavor if it is not going to happen on PPRuNe. Just let me know.

Dave

The Real Slim Shady
13th Jun 2005, 10:58
So far I have had several PMs, together with the few replies on the Forum, confirming an interest in organising,subscribing to and using such data.

As Capn Stable is the Mod I feel it would be prudent to allow him to deal with the discussion of storage etc in the initial stages; I don't believe it would be appropriate for me to involve myself in this. No doubt he will let us all know if and when he has some information.

Flying Torquewrench
13th Jun 2005, 20:57
Very good idea. I like it.

FT