PDA

View Full Version : Which aircraft is best for instructors rating?

tunalic2
30th May 2005, 00:38
I would appreciate some input on the pros and cons of the various types that I could do my instructors rating on,
Thankyou
T2

DB6
30th May 2005, 09:40
If you have a possible job on the horizon, use whatever they use. C152 is probably most common, but if you're big you may have weight limitations. PA28 is bigger but not generally cleared for spinning.

18greens
30th May 2005, 10:09
Or try the Cherokee 140, carrys the weight and spins too. The lovely manual flap lever makes it much easier to show the effect of flap because you can get it in instantly rather than waiting for an electric actuator to trundle its way out.

I also find the pipers need loads more rudder on takeoff and in the turns to keep it in balance which teaches the student what a rudder is for.

Then theres the position of the wing..

Cessnas have two doors and are good at seeing the ground from.

They are both good but probably as DB6 says go for the one at the school that offers you a job at the end.

Charlie Zulu
30th May 2005, 20:51
I'm going to tag my question onto this one...

Does anyone know of any school which would allow one to use their own (okay a non capital group) aeroplane that is on a Public CofA for an FI(R) course and test?

The aeroplane I am thinking about is a Beagle Pup 150HP and is semi-aerobatic, spin capable, I have a couple of hundred hours on type, etc etc... The owner of the pup is an instructor himself and gave me the idea, and is all for the idea himself, of using his Beagle Pup for the course... (he suggested this to cut down on costs but I doubt that'll happen as this is aviation!!!).

I won't be undergoing the training until about this time next year due to the small matter of passing some ATPL exams first, but wouldn't mind getting any possible advice in the mean time.