PDA

View Full Version : AIR CANADA JAZZ Hiring Pilots!

Constellation
9th May 2005, 12:28
Hi Guys!

What's the news about the Air Canada Jazz hiring Pilots to operate Dash 8 and CRJ aircraft out of one of the five crew base locations: Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal or Halifax?

I've checked the website where they have the advert and it's still posted dated April 4, 2005.

I presume they’re still hiring! Any lucky aviators out there given the opportunity to be a Jazz pilot?

Ciao:D

Canadian Beech
9th May 2005, 14:30
4th year seniority... less than 44K, and still on reserve!:uhoh:
Yikes.

VRThomas
9th May 2005, 16:22
17+ years in and still can't find a "better" job. There are a few different opportunities out there but none actually better!

I spent the first 7 years as an F/O and learned more about the flying life than I could have imagined.

Yikes?? 4 years is nothin' :}

Good luck and: "Make it happen."

VRT

Cyow
9th May 2005, 17:54
Cdnbeach. $44k/yr is what Zoom pay f/os to fly 767. You're making that on a much smaller airplane. Just to put things in perspective. Reserve does suck though. Hang in there, man.

Capt. Cockamaymee
10th May 2005, 00:31
Cyow

$44k/yr is what Zoom pay f/os to fly 767

Not true at all. Get your facts straight before you post.

Cyow
10th May 2005, 02:35
Cockwhatever. That was a direct piece of info given to me from someone who works there. I can't help it if someone is lying to me. I'm also willing to bet that it ain't much more than that given that a capt makes $80k/yr. Don't flatter yourself. You should be getting twice whatever their paying you if you work there.

grind king
10th May 2005, 06:22
You guys need to get a life. Reserve is the best thing going provided you're not a commuter. Flying airplanes is great but so is paid play time while you wait to go flying.
Don't knock it till you've tried it.
It's not like flying murdervacs.

CaptW5
10th May 2005, 18:18
We used to call Reserve: Days off without beer!!

Constellation
11th May 2005, 11:46
Hi Guys!

A transit driver makes $80,000 a year at $25/hr and $36/hr OT with 40 to 60 hrs work a week. True they make more than us; others earn more but just hang in there.

Just think about the experience you’re getting (flying time) and the thrill of adrenaline rushing every time you fly.

Why don't you try this, when you're up there, look further up and ask for divine intervention who knows maybe you'll get what you’re dreaming about.

Keep em flying!

Cheers!

Tonic Please
20th May 2005, 00:09
Who gives a crap about the money? You shed blood sweat and tears, hours of study etc to fly, knowing full well what you were going in for and people whine about MONEY?

:ouch:

shhh