PDA

View Full Version : G-KEST, I think that we should be told

Genghis the Engineer
3rd May 2005, 19:02
Opening this months "Aerospace Professional", which arrived on my doormat, it appears that our very own G-KEST has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society.

If so, jolly well done, serious congratulations in order.

G

G-KEST
4th May 2005, 11:36
Thanks Genghis. I accepted an invitation to apply for an upgrade last year and it finally made it through the system. I doubt if the elevation will alter my occasionally ascerbic approach to matters aeronautical.
Now lets hear a rousing rendition of -
"For he's a jolly good...........................................!!!!!".
Cheers,
Trapper 69
;)

Flying Lawyer
4th May 2005, 13:00
Congratulations B. :ok:

From a fellow 'Fellow'.

Tudor

(Edit)
I'll buy you a glass - we haven't crossed paths (or swords) for a long while! :)

TheOddOne
4th May 2005, 13:07
G-KEST,

Many congratulations. We'll raise a glass at the BAeA competition at Elvington over the Weekend.

The Odd One

Zlin526
4th May 2005, 15:48
....and what does one have to do to become a 'Fellow' of the RAeS, and does it involve secret societies?:8

Well done mate:ok:

Genghis the Engineer
4th May 2005, 21:03
"Occasionally" G-KEST ?

ZLIN, damned if I know, I'm still a member but going to have a second try at Fellow this year. Something about having reached a high professional status or made a major contribution to the science and art of aeronautics.

G

'India-Mike
4th May 2005, 21:31
Not wishing to steal G-KEST's thunder and change the nature of the thread, I'm sure that by now Genghis might have some news of his own....

....and that might just help to get FRAeS as well.

Go G, I'm sure you can tell all - you can't be that modest!

Heliport
5th May 2005, 01:36
Try asking if there's a Doctor in the house.

Or 'on board', as we're an aviation website.

;)

Genghis the Engineer
5th May 2005, 06:10
Ah well yes. 'Tis true that after 8 years of (occasionally) hard work in what might laughably have been called my "spare" time, and a lot of assistance from many worthies including (but far from limited to) India-Mike, Wyvern and John Farley, I'm now officially Dr.Genghis.

Dr.G

Confabulous
5th May 2005, 11:04
Congratulations Dr G! :D :cool:

djpil
6th May 2005, 03:16
Congratulations. A real Doctor!

I'd never got around to applying for Fellow. During my stint in the Wild West I resigned from the RAeS. Now I'm just G.Fr.RAeS

Trapper - its worth a beer next time you're in town.

NB: G.Fr is Good friend.

Centaurus
7th May 2005, 12:19
Would a demonstrated ability to three-point the Aussie Wirraway in a 25 knot gusty cross-wind without busting a wing tip, qualify as proven "high professional status ?" If so, I have no hope!

LowNSlow
13th May 2005, 09:43
:ok: Congratulations and falicitations Genghis :ok: