PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Forces - Flight Engineer

dopeonarope
15th Apr 2005, 13:36
I am looking for some advice regards Flight Engineers and recruitment in CF.

I am a landed immigrant (currently awaiting citizenship) who spent 15 years in RAF, 10 years as an Air Loadmaster, with 5 spent as Support Helicopter crewman and 5 years as a SAR Winchman (SAR Tech rough equivalent) prior to emigration 4 years ago to this great country.

I am planning to apply to join as either a Loadmaster or preferably as a Flt Engineer.

What background do the Flt Engineers have, are they Technicians who apply to become aircrew or do they come from a wide mil background? The reason I ask this question is looking at the job description for Flt Eng - Helicopters, that covers my old job discription completely, and with 2,500 rotary crewman and SAR experience would be better suited to Flt Engineer - Hels.

What is the sylabus for training and time scale? From basic training thru' to the conversion unit. I am looking initially as a Reservist (I understand there is a freeze on recruiting at this present time), but will of course consider FT. Any help would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to PM me.

Yours Aye

Dopeonarope

bell1st
16th Apr 2005, 02:13
DOAR

FE's are all former technicians who become aircrew. I think that the Loadies are all supply types who do the loadmaster course (but don't quote me). If you're interested in more info, just go to the nearest recruiting centre. They may even buy you lunch!!

MLS-12D
19th Apr 2005, 16:42
For very basic information on joing the Air Reserve as a flight engineer, see here (http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/air_reserve/recruiting/flighteng_e.asp).

If you're interested in more info, just go to the nearest recruiting centre.Indeed.

P.S. In most cases, landed immigrants are eligible to join; you don't have to wait until you have achieved Canadian citizenship. I would suggest applying sooner rather than later, as it can take an extraordinary length of time to verify RAF qualifications and experience.