PDA

View Full Version : Fragmented FI training?

Unusual Attitude
22nd Mar 2005, 16:11
I'm looking at doing an FI rating within the next couple of months but need to hold onto my day job in the meantime.

Taking the full 4 weeks off to complete the course is a non-starter for me unfortunately so I'm looking at doing it in the following way.

- Take 2 weeks holidays to get into the course full time.
- Take the next 3 - 4 weekends on the course whilst working during the week.
- Finally 2 more weeks full time to finish off the course and sit my test.

I'm allowing a decent chunk of time for weather as I'll probably be training at Dundee / Perth since its the closest FI course to Aberdeen.

Does anyone else have any experience of trying to complete the course in this way or any suggestions of a better way of doing things ?

Any advice would be appreciated.....!

topper2
31st Mar 2005, 08:59
I don't think it should cause too many problems. During the FIC you'll need to spend a lot of time on the ground practicing your pre flight briefings. You then practice the exercise delivery in the air. As far as continuity is concerned I don't think you should have any problems so long as you keep yourself motivated and use the time to polish off the ground work. The more time you spend doing ground work the more you'll benefit from the flying element, even if its only during the weekends.

Good luck