PDA

View Full Version : Approved FI Schools

Ex Oggie
13th Mar 2005, 17:39
Hi

Can anyone point me to the list of approved FI schools in the UK? I have serched the CAA and NATS websites and can't seem to find it anymore. I'm considering an instructors rating and ideally need a local school.

Cheers

Human Factor
13th Mar 2005, 19:49
Can't help with a list but try Tatenhill Aviation or "On-track Aviation" at Wellesbourne. Both have websites...

GusHoneybun
13th Mar 2005, 19:49
Try this ere link

Training Orgs (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF)

Loads of places in your neck of the woods to choose from

Ex Oggie
13th Mar 2005, 23:28
Cheers chaps, just what I was after.......... :ok:

airpilot
14th Mar 2005, 09:56
Chris Caine at wolverhampton does FI courses. I know its not local but he's brilliant and will get you done within 4weeks. He's based at The Flight Centre,Half-penny Green,Wolverhampton. Prices are very good aswell.

fibod
21st Mar 2005, 21:38
God, a 4 week instructor course - and people wonder why PPL instructors aren't paid much...

OneMileHigh
31st Mar 2005, 00:04
Ah, Fibod,

You have an attitude that even over the ethernet smells slightly of dogpoo!!!

I don't suppose that you happen to be a commercial instructor close to where you live do you???

You should perhaps remember that the four weeks is for either CPL holders or experienced PPL holders, so there shouldn't be any need for more than the four weeks. And that has no bearing on the low wages paid to PPL instructors. I do suppose you were one once!!!

I suggest you climb down off your pedestal and re-integrate with the Human race - that is if you could stand the normality of it :*