PDA

View Full Version : Need to get current on the B737-300

liftdrag
3rd Mar 2005, 06:06
Need to get current on the B737-300.

I have an FAA ATP with type on the B737-300, I flew the aircraft before I got furloughed from a major two years ago. I have since then flown the A320 as a Captain and a First Officer.

I have recently been offered a job flying the B737-300 in Europe, where they will validate my license until I get a JAA ATPL.

They are now asking if I can get a PC/Current on the B737-300. They are still going to put me through a training program when I start. All they want to see is that I have done some kind of recurrent/pc.

My question is; can I go do this with an instructor friend on the B737-300 and have him endorse my logbook under FAR 91 kind of like a BFR? I only need a sign off that I have done some sort of recurrent. (I'm not currently flying.)

Thanks

ld

FatFlyer
3rd Mar 2005, 17:24
If you were flying on a JAR licence, you would need to have a valid LPC(licence proficiency check) valid for 12 months, signed and in your licence to operate the aircraft. This needs to signed by a JAR approved TRE (type rating examiner)
Your situation will probably need to be assessed by which ever EU aviation authority is validating your FAA licence as is not covered clearly by the regulations.
if you have a "check" signed off in you log book by an FAA authorised examiner they might accept this.