PDA

View Full Version : Hold M1 at LGW.

VB
1st Mar 2005, 22:06
Why can't Easyjet pilots find holding point Mike 1 at LGW.
Every time you have to try and pass behind them to get to stands 1-7 they are always about 30 ft. behind the line and blocking the taxiway behind them - it must drive ATC mad !

beauport potato man
1st Mar 2005, 22:13
I AGREE!!!!!

many a time i've had to wait behind the orange bus because it has failed to find the line at M1.

How do these same crew manage to park on stand? - or do they stop 25ft short there too?

Perhaps this should be part of the sim check.

BPM

Drap-air
1st Mar 2005, 22:13
the brakes on the new airbus are fantastic ;)

VB
1st Mar 2005, 22:16
Shame about the pilots judgement !!

Drap-air
1st Mar 2005, 22:17
its not a race. you don't get a bunch of flowers for coming as close to the line as possible.

do u park your a/c an inch from the terminal building...? er no

and lets be honest, you are only annoyed due to the fact you are probably late....

don\'t bring such twoddle onto this forum - it you are that annoyed, lodge a complaint

VB
1st Mar 2005, 22:25
Have you ever flown into Gatwick ?
When you park on stand there is a mirror and yellow line to tell you when you are in the right parking position !
The idea of stopping at the correct holding point is to allow aircraft to pass behind you - not for you to stop where it suits you and clog the apron up !
If you can't even taxy accurately are you sure you are safe to get airborne ??

beauport potato man
1st Mar 2005, 22:26
Drap-air.

It's not a race - you're correct. But today for example the guy (or gal for that matter) had 5 - 6 mins to find Mike1 and still failed by a country mile.

You don't park your a/c an inch from the terminal - you park it where you have been told to, by following the guidance system.

In the the case of Mike1 it means just that - MIKE 1.

Not Mike 3 and 3/4's.

It's inconsiderate and unprofessionnal.

BPM

Drap-air
1st Mar 2005, 22:34
listen chaps - i agree with you

i don't see the need to tarnish one airline however, with your single brush!

surely this problem can not solely be easyjet at M1 gatwick. do we stop short anywhere else? or just M1? is it a gatwick problem? or everywhere

Man Flex 32.5
2nd Mar 2005, 07:11
Hey VB

If you are going to stands 1 to 7 then i guess there is a big chance that you fly for flybe or 1 of the other turbo prop or undesirable airlines. What happened did you fail the interview? are we bitter?

point5
2nd Mar 2005, 08:31
If you're worried about people finding M1 at KK, come and get people to find LOKKI, ETTIV, SATUN, ROKIT, PLUTO and MORRA at LL!!

tigtog
2nd Mar 2005, 08:44
Mornin all,

I'm a controller at KK and of you want our side of the story then it does slow things up if a/c don't hold right at M1. We are restricted to the size of a/c we can put behind something at M1 anyway and crews not holding right at the bar does cause holds ups now and again.

However, it's hardly a major issue but it does help everyone get to where they are going with minimal delay if we all work as a team.

All of the airlines work really well and hard together with ATC to make KK as good as place as it is and it's only through this awareness and co-operation of the "overall picture" by all on the airport that we can use the runway so effectively. (58 an hour is the record !!).

So let's not moan about one another eh ?

beauport potato man
2nd Mar 2005, 09:22
Man Flex 32.5

well he must be flybe "or one of the other undesireable airlines" then eh Poirot?

What makes flybe undesirable? I work there and NO I HAVEN"T EVEN APPLIED TO EASY. Just because people are moving on to new airlines doesn't make us UNDESIRABLE. I find that quite offensive.

We have always been a transitional airline and when the market supports it people move on to bigger and better things. THE SAME THING happens at Easy, Ryan et al.

If you look at the way the company had been turned around, it's increase in pax carried, committment to future orders and the amount of new people sending in their CV's to join then i would say it's not that undesirable at all.

Not everyone wants to join easy. This isn't a thread about which airlines are better than others, it was a sensible point about traffic flow around KK, which has produced a good sensible answer from tigtog.

Please don't show your juvenile ignorance by making such stupid replies.

Del Prado
2nd Mar 2005, 10:57
As a controller, I can't understand you pilots' petty jealousies and squabbles.

Ps. tigtog - 58 an hour ?

I'm sure I've done a 59. ;)

SLFguy
2nd Mar 2005, 11:29
If you are going to stands 1 to 7 then i guess there is a big chance that you fly for flybe or 1 of the other turbo prop or undesirable airlines. What happened did you fail the interview? are we bitter?

It frightens me as a Pax that the guy who wrote the above may actually be up the pointy end.

It's the sort attitude I used to get from my kids when they were seven.

To think, he actually sat at the keyboard - typed the message and thought "Yep, happy with that, I'm gonna click 'post'"

Sad Sad peep.

Man Flex 32.5
2nd Mar 2005, 11:34
Potato

I find your initial reply How do these same crew manage to park on stand? - or do they stop 25ft short there too? juvenile, ignorant and offensive.

I think the amount of ex flybe pilots at easy speaks volumes about the desirability of flybe.

SLF - I am amazed that you have submitted over 150 replies, why are you here? can you not read the title this is a pilots forum.

MF

beauport potato man
2nd Mar 2005, 11:45
MF

put yr handbag down and pull up to M1 next time.

I wouldn't join easy if my 146 was on fire.

BPM

lobby
2nd Mar 2005, 12:20
"SLF - I am amazed that you have submitted over 150 replies, why are you here? can you not read the title this is a pilots forum".

Does this mean ATC are not allowed to post either ?

ATIS
2nd Mar 2005, 12:57
Had the opportunity to attend the Gatwick users forum couple months ago, and most informative it was.

One point that came over and bashed me over the head was the point on runway incursions. I always thought that this was entering or almost entering an active runway uninvited. (The actual paved bit)
News to me was that even with the nose of a/c protruding over the holding point line (even with nose wheel behind it) amounts to a runway incursion. Since then I must confess I tend to back off a bit now.

Man Flex 32.5
2nd Mar 2005, 14:09
Lobby - i think quite the opposite actually, you guys ARE part of our industry and it's interesting to hear your views.
I received a private message a couple of days ago from someone on here asking who i flew for. I replied only to receive a reply saying oh i've flown with them before. That's what i find irritating, people commenting on topics they know very little if anything about and who have no right to be here.

MF

lobby
2nd Mar 2005, 14:53
I was just being fascicious. But he does have a point. "My aeroplane is better than yours". Really!

Basic T
2nd Mar 2005, 17:14
The easy OM part B states:

.....when a 25 minute turnaround has not been achieved, for whatever reason, the operating crew are expected to delay any direct competition as a way of compensation, i.e. requesting taxi when not ready / blocking taxiways, etc.......

;) LOL ;)

Norman Stanley Fletcher
2nd Mar 2005, 20:20
VB - this is incredibly easily resolved if it is a genuinely big deal to you. You contact the ATC supervisor who will in turn e-mail our Base Captain if he thinks you are not a loser and there is a case to answer. The Base Captain will in turn e-mail all the LGW pilots with an edict to park right up to M1 - job done! And to think you could have achieved all that without ever having to embarrass yourself on here.

SLFguy
4th Mar 2005, 15:56
Lobby - i think quite the opposite actually, you guys ARE part of our industry

and PAX aren't??

rubik101
4th Mar 2005, 16:51
When cleared to the holding point it is incumbent upon us to position the aircraft as close to it as is practicable. Not only does it allow other aircraft to pass/position behind but it also means we are as close as is allowed to ensure that no delay is caused when we are cleared to line up.
Once again a simple thread has degenerated into a slanging match for no apparent reason. Why can't we be constructive, positive and objective on these forums? What is gained by writing such things as;
'If you are going to stands 1 to 7 then i guess there is a big chance that you fly for flybe or 1 of the other turbo prop or undesirable airlines. What happened did you fail the interview? are we bitter?'
Just where did that come from and why?
Am I allowed to say, 'pathetic and peurile' in the same sentence

Musket90
4th Mar 2005, 18:32
Any holding point where a through taxiway route passes behind doesn't necessarily mean that their is sufficient clearance between the aircraft holding and the one taxiing behind. Several collisions at different airports have occurred in the past as a result of misjudgement in this scenario.

Never assume that an aircraft will hold as near to the holding point as possible therefore ATC should never assume that there is sufficient clearance to pass an aircraft behind. In most cases the tower is so far away it is difficult to assess what clearance is available and it is at pilot's discretion.

LRTS
4th Mar 2005, 22:04
If this is an issue, bring it up at the next NATS Gatwick Pilot Forum in April. (Glad to see ATIS attended the last one)

Your airlines have been invited, so lets discuss this properly.

:mad:

CV Donator
5th Mar 2005, 08:55
The same thing happens at Stansted at holding point S1, anyway who cares? Beauport Potato Man hows Jockey Boy Dave?

CarltonBrowne the FO
5th Mar 2005, 23:05
A few months ago, there was an accident at MAN when a taxying aircraft hit the tail of a bmiBaby 737 holding for runway 24L. At the time there was some criticism of the 737 crew, which was a little unfair as they were stationary at the time.
In the ensuing discussions, it was made clear that there is nothing in the ANO or UKAIP to insist that an aircraft cleared to a holding point is obliged to pull forward all the way to that holding point.

Big Bus Boy
6th Mar 2005, 06:18
Its very odd, I fly into LGW now and again, in fact was based there for a while and never relised there was a problem.
But really boys do we need to start calling each other names?
Man flex, you need to calm down.. I dont fly for either of you, but really there are as many leaving easy as joining, but as was mentioned earlier thats life, people pay their dues, and move on to bigger fish. I dont think thats running anyone down just simple facts. I am sure flybe is just the same, people come, people go. You cant judge it by the amount of people from one airline at another. Look at Virgin ( I dont work there either!), full of easy pilots, does that mean they are better than easy? No, just they have bigger planes and it is the next step on the food chain for most.
I think we need to get a grip fella's.

BBB.

Right Way Up
6th Mar 2005, 17:28
Or how about asking ATC if the easy bus could pull upto M1 so you can get past. The art of talking seems to be lost in this era of electronic communication.:hmm:

Ontariotech
6th Mar 2005, 20:29
It frightens me as a Pax that the guy who wrote the above may actually be up the pointy end.

You been on these boards long? That ain't nothing compared to other threads.:ok:

pushapproved
7th Mar 2005, 11:29
Calm down guys! From the ATC perspective we quite regularly ask crews to pull right up to the M1 stop bar but there is a fair share of Airlines other than EZY who need to be asked! Quite often the foreign operators. There are of course occasions when we ask EZY aircraft to pull forward for a COMPANY aircraft to pass behind, so I'm sure it's nothing personal! It can be frustrating and use up valuable seconds of busy RT time but it's no big deal, we usually have 'bigger fish to fry'.

Del Prado, I've seen a 58 hour on a few occasions but 59? Possible - but I'm not aware it's been done, any more and questions may well be asked!!! :p

GearDown&Locked
8th Mar 2005, 22:14
One can always select their freq and make some expeletive calls like taxy drivers do, huh?!
"Hoy, move that piece of :mad: outta way you big :mad: :mad: Oh, and yomamma is a :mad: ! Where da :mad: did yoy get your license anywayz?"

:ok: :E
GD&L

springbok449
10th Mar 2005, 18:17
VB and patato man,
Although I agree with you in regards to M1, as you took a direct swipe at some EZY jockeys, you've got to take it like a man when someone has a "go" at you...

No one is perfect, so if this happens again, you can always politely ask the drivers of the A/C to move slightly forward...and then you can go and park your jumbolina...

Regards, Bokkie.