PDA

View Full Version : quick licence issue question

spitfire747
10th Feb 2005, 17:28
Hello All

I am currently close to the completition of my instrument rating. As soon as I have completed the licence i want to send it to the caa to get the fATPL issued. I have been offered the opportunity to return to instructing as soon as I have finished the IR but can i legally instruct whilst the CAA have my licences and logbooks etc...

Thanks in advance
Spitty :ok:

GusHoneybun
10th Feb 2005, 19:00
Spitty old bean

You can instruct when the CAA have your licence as long as your SEP and FI are valid. Personally, if I were you, I would take a morning off and go down to the Personal Licencing a la Gatwick and get the IR put on your licence on the same day. Saves a whole load of hassle and time in the long run. Be sure to get there early as slots fill up quick.

spitfire747
10th Feb 2005, 20:31
I will also have the MEP to add on at the same time, so is it possible for them to do it there and then, unlike the CPL which is a good weeks worth of work??
I live an hour from Gatwick, this would make more sense

Squealing Pig
10th Feb 2005, 22:50
You say get the fATPL issued. would this mean you are on an old BCPL or other licence at the moment ?

reason I ask is that FCLwill only issue ratings on the same day over the counter, licence issue cannot be done same day and takes a few days.

spitfire747
11th Feb 2005, 17:32
No I am a JAR CPL / FI(r) holder whose a week or so away from MEIR test and then the MCC. I was under the impression the campaign took my licence and help it for a week but someone told me today ithe MEIR is just added in a minute or so, like the MEP, etc...

Spitty

Whopity
11th Feb 2005, 17:42
You don't need to send your licence in! Send in the form with your log book, they will issue new rating pages to place in your licence.

You must carry your licence if you land away Schedule 11 Item C.

average bloke
11th Feb 2005, 19:00
spit,

go down to gatwick and make sure you apply for both mep and ir in 1 hit, as they only charge once for this (they did for me anyway). you are not applying for a 'fatpl', but the issue of the ratings for your cpl. they should do it in a couple of hours if you get down before 10 at the latest.

Whopity
12th Feb 2005, 09:36
You will never get a FATPL issued because there is no such thing. If you meet all the requirements for an ATPL you can apply for one, meanwhile you are stuck with a CPL/IR.

Two ratings is two fees, if they have missed one I'd keep quiet about it!

Chinchilla.612
23rd Feb 2005, 09:43
Hiya,

"Average bloke" is correct about the fees. If you apply for the ME and IR at the same time, it counts as one add on and has only one fee. Should be able to do it on the day as only adding ratings on your existing licence.

Safe flying.

Chinchilla.