PDA

View Full Version : FI rating at weekends

carbonfibre
6th Feb 2005, 10:06
Does anyone know of an FI instructor who would complete the FI(r)course at weekends only or at least the majority of it.

I am very limited on when i can take holidays, so if any are reading this or anyone knows someone this would be appreciated, say within 80 miles of the midlands

Have fun flying

:ok:

FlyingForFun
6th Feb 2005, 18:39
I would expect plenty of instructors will fit in around you, doubt you'd have trouble finding one if you just ask around.

I used On Track Aviation (http://www.ontrackaviation.com/) for my FIC, just weekends for the first couple of months. All their instructors are part-time, they have other full-time jobs. One or two of them work Monday-Friday at Oxford, so doing the FIC at weekends fits in perfectly with their other commitments. I have no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer.

FFF
-------------

muppet
7th Feb 2005, 17:59
I'd give David Coulson a call at Cranfield Aero Club: sure he will squeeze you in. He's also a fine instructor.

01234 752272:ok:

Human Factor
7th Feb 2005, 20:10
Try Peter Skinner c/o Tatenhill Aviation on 01283 575283. He should be available in a week or two. His preference is weekends as he instructs part-time. Good reputation. PM me if you want more info.

HF

GulfStreamV
8th Feb 2005, 08:26
FFF,

Do they do weekend FI(R) at Blackpool where you are? I live in Lytham at the weekends so would be interested. Not this year, but possibly next year certainly.

GV

Mark 1
8th Feb 2005, 12:08
I also did mine mostly weekends with On-Track at Wellesbourne, so can happily back up all FFF's comments.
They have a well-known poster on these boards as one of their FIC instructors, who'd be far too modest to plug them here.

blueb0y79
8th Feb 2005, 12:36
Gulfstream

Im also looking at doing a FI rating in the North West. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss things and maybe do it together.

blueb0y79

FlyingForFun
8th Feb 2005, 20:56
GulfStreamV,

As far as I know, there is only one school at Blackpool who offer the course, and that is the only school at Blackpool who I would not recommend.

FFF
-------------

carbonfibre
13th Feb 2005, 17:16
Many thanks or your replies everyone, much appreciated, will give a few of those numbers a ring and check them out.

Happy flying
:ok: