PDA

View Full Version : Feel the need, the need for speed!

JerryMaguire
26th Jan 2005, 23:24
1) When prices are quote in aviation news and reports ie 250 million for a typical Boeing 777, does that include the cost of respective jet engines? Further, how much does a typical Rolls Royce Trent 500/900 engine or GE/Engine Alliance 7200 engine cost?

2) Further for typical heavy jet (Boeing 747/Airbus 345) landings, what are the typical flight level versus ground speed profile? (assuming this is the speed usually referred to for landing in contrast to IAS/TAS/EAS) As for take off, what are the typical V1, Vr, Vs and V2 speeds for say the Boeing 747/Airbus 345? Also, what are the Take off Distance Required (TODR) and Landing Distance Required for a typical maximum loaded jet plane using maximum thrust takeoff. It'll also be ideal if someone can lemme know of the typical thrust settings and flaps deployments vis a vis the pitch of the aircraft (deploying of elevators?) during landing and take off.

3) What are flaperons and elerons? Heard these terms are used for combination flaps/aelirons and elevator/aelirons combinations. Specific to the Boeing 747/777 and the airbus 345/380s, does that apply as well? Understand flaps and aelirons are actually aerodynamically the same. Just that the latter occurs in pairing of one up/one down whereas the former occurs in sync.

That will be all for now. More questions will come by as I read up more....Thanks guys for helping me out.

Specnut727
27th Jan 2005, 08:29
re cost of Engines

Read a while back that an A380 customer had signed with RR for engines for their 15 A380's........$US780 Million !

Sorry, no info on your other questions.

Spec

brain fade
27th Jan 2005, 09:03
Where I work it's more like

I feel the need, the need to feed (constantly!):}