PDA

View Full Version : A320 Fuel Remaining on Ldg

Frank Poncherello
26th Jan 2005, 15:37
Hi folks,
I realise there will be a wealth of factors/procedures employed in this scenario, but I was wondering if other A320 drivers could indicate an approximate fuel load that they have in tanks on shutting down,
Cheers

Frank

Lackof747
26th Jan 2005, 17:32
Our fellow airman, Miserlou, said so splendidly few days ago:

"Drivers just move aeroplanes about the sky; no feeling or passiion. They don't know that the three types exist.
Pilots fly aircraft as well as they can and are constantly trying to be better. They know the difference.
Artists fly aeroplanes around but perfectly and without apparent effort. They never seem to be one knot out on speed or one inch too high on landing. They don't realize they are in this group."

Where are the pilots nowadays?

Anyway it does not matter to a driver what the fuel level may be when he blocks in. When out of it, the car simply stops
:ok:

Frank Poncherello
26th Jan 2005, 18:38
Fine words, fine words,........ alas not yours,....... guess that says something!

;)

Any ideas on the original question? Be thee a driver, a pilot or an artist?

FP

TopBunk
26th Jan 2005, 19:21
Frank

Well, 1100 kgs would equate to 30 minutes reserve fuel as an average. Add to that diversions fuel of about another 800 kgs (very much variable dependent on where you are - anything from 500kgs to 3000kgs) - lets go with 800 kgs. That totals 1900 kgs - add to that contingency unused at 15 minutes = 600 kgs and it totals 2500 kgs or there abouts.

Spearing Britney
28th Jan 2005, 11:24
I agree, anything from 2100 to 3000 would be typical for us at major UK airports. Most guys average around 2700 according to company league tables!

foxtrot
28th Jan 2005, 15:55
30 mins reserve[1100 to 1200kgs depending on your aircrafts weight] and alternate fuel minimum required at your destination, in case you divert min is your reserve. some airlines allow u to use your alternate fuel approaching your destination provided landing is assured [ 2 runways wx conditions allowing a visual approach, no delay expected etc] though it makes me uncomfortable for nothing is assured in avation.

BRAKES HOT
1st Feb 2005, 03:36
2500kgs pretty normal

Max Angle
1st Feb 2005, 10:39
some airlines allow u to use your alternate fuel approaching your destination provided landing is assured [ 2 runways wx conditions allowing a visual approach, no delay expected etc] Under JAR Ops two runways are not required in order to burn your alternate fuel once airbourne, you must however have two runways at the destination, and consider other criteria, if you wish to depart without nominating an alternate.