PDA

View Full Version : West Freugh Closure!

donaldson996
28th Mar 2002, 20:01
Just a quick thanks to all who phoned thanking West Freugh for there services over the last 60 odd years. I bet Linton and to a lesser extent Valley will miss us. No more **** ups (sorry night stops) in Portpatrick. Out of interest what will happen if someone has a problem on the west coast? The MOD might end up regretting letting us go if someone has a problem in the area and is looking for somewhere to land. £3.5 million a year might not seem much if a fast jet was lost in the area!

Davey Clark
2nd Apr 2002, 07:37
:(

Sorry to see a good airfield with good people going down.

You will be missed.

Davey Clark

Wings level, Ball in the puddle!

niknak
2nd Apr 2002, 21:10
So what's happening to Big Barry and Kevin's ridiculous hair cut?:D :D Is another SERCO unit ready for them?:p

Girl Flyday
2nd Apr 2002, 21:23
niknak... what will it cost me to find out the man behind the name? Because you obviously know two of my acquaintances pretty well ;)

Legs11
4th Apr 2002, 11:04
I think it's a bl**dy shame. I spent 2 enjoyable years at the Freugh, and whilst this was always on the cards when I was there, it's still a shock when it actually happens.

I wish everyone there all the best and maybe Kevin will now be able to break free from the Table room.

:D :D :D

ZIP250
4th Apr 2002, 15:45
As I didn't do it properly then I'd better say thanks before it's too late. That is thanks for the radar assisted approach when I was running out of options en route EGNC to EGPK sometime in 1975. Sorry to see you go.

Z