PDA

View Full Version : MAN Approach Freq

G-MANN
8th Dec 2001, 07:13
Does anyone know if the frequency has changed???

I couldn't get anything on 119.4 the other day.

cossack
8th Dec 2001, 13:16
No its still the same.
Which day, when and where were you?
It may have been off for maintenance.

bagpuss lives
8th Dec 2001, 13:17
Nope - still 119.4MHz :D

It's the one frequency that hasn't changed ;)

cossack
8th Dec 2001, 13:19
Up early niteflite01. But don't quite type fast enough eh?!!!! :D

bagpuss lives
8th Dec 2001, 13:29
Asleep late as opposed to up early :D

I'll beat you next time just see if I don't :D :D

cossack
8th Dec 2001, 13:46
The elusive but not so shy (in print anyway) niteflite01.
Usually so careful about hiding its identity and covering its tracks has lately been leaving a few crumbs of evidence.
Does it want to be unmasked?
Can it no longer take the pressure of being a self-proclaimed wanted prooner?
Enjoy your sleep. See you on Wednesday!

G-MANN
8th Dec 2001, 20:01
I was in the northern part of MAN at the time
and it was rush hour in the morning.

It's strange because I used to be able to hear transmissions as clear as day but now I can hardly hear anything!!!! Never Mind.

bagpuss lives
8th Dec 2001, 22:35
Hmmmm very strange G-MANN.

As far as I know we've had no other problems with the APP frequency -was the frequency busy when you were calling?

The transmitter site hasn't changed and the Tx power certainly hasn't either. Maybe you should check your receiver / transceiver / antenna?

cossack - :D Of course I can take the pressure....I was born to take the pressure :D

I could always be throwing in a few red herrings ;) What makes you think you'll be seeing me on Wednesday? ;)

And I like the use of the word "it" - very apt - perhaps :p

[ 08 December 2001: Message edited by: niteflite01 ]

cossack
9th Dec 2001, 02:36
Why Wednesday? Just a hunch ;)
I think G-MANN is a listener rather than a caller, but it still doesn't explain why he can't hear our dulcit tones anymore. :(
New baterries required maybe?
How are the other frequencies?

bagpuss lives
9th Dec 2001, 03:06
Everything has been fine as far as I'm aware with the Tx equipment as I've said - can hear APP fine here at home on my Transceiver and whip and I'm bloomin' miles away ;)

G-MANN - try Tower or even one of the ATIS' and see if they're any better as they come, mainly , from the same transmitter sites.

I should remind you - from a professional viewpoint at this stage - that if you're not licenced to monitor airband transmissions, under the Wireless and Telegraphy act of 1949 you're actually breaking the law. A very silly law in my opinion but nonetheless.........as a professional, allegedy, I can't be seen to be condoning such actions ;)

Did that sound convincing?

Cossack buddy - Another couple of clues for you there :D I'm intrigued as to why you think you'll see me on Wednesday - feel free to mail me privately if ya like.

Are you TRUCE-ing this week with "PB" by any chance? ;)

Another clue for you in the timing of this post too - I'm still here :D

And so are you come to think of it :D