PDA

View Full Version : FAA to JAA ATP(L)

CLDriver
12th Nov 2004, 18:54
Did a search on this subject and came up with all manner of answers.

I have 5500 total time, 3400 PIC, CL60, CE-550, Lr-jet type ratings. 3900 of that time is jet.

Is there one definitive spot on the web or elsewhere that I can plug my numbers in and get a really straight answer on how to convert my FAA ATPL to JAA?

Will my type ratings transfer with the conversion?

Thanks

CLDriver

porridge
12th Nov 2004, 20:24
CL Driver
In short unless you have 500 hours on an aircraft requirind a Multi-crew, then you have to do all the JAA written exams, pass the CPL & IR Flight tests.

Is there one definitive spot on the web or elsewhere that I can plug my numbers in and get a really straight answer on how to convert my FAA ATPL to JAA?
- no, but going to the UK CAA website and downloading a PDF Copy of LASORS will help (http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=1191)

Will my type ratings transfer with the conversion
- no
Not much help - but that how it is for us who want to get FAA ratings too!
Porridge

Send Clowns
15th Nov 2004, 13:44
Driver

Always have the odd one or two going throught he groundschool. Unfortunately the Lear is not heavy enough to exempt you from the exams. You may even have to do the full 650-hour groundschool course if you were not able to log multi-crew, you will have to check (any chief ground instructor from a school should be able to help, or the Campaign Against Aviation. Talking to a UK FTO is always a good start with these things).