PDA

View Full Version : East Herts flying school.

DJ 2
12th Nov 2004, 10:16
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here instructs or has instructed at East Herts. I hear they're looking for instructors at the moment.

If so, what are they like to work for?

What is the pay like?

Do they expect you to pay for your checkout flight?

How many hours would you expect to get with them a week at this time of year, enough to live off?

What is the social atmosphere like at the school?

And last of all what is the area like to live in, is there any cheapish accomodation quite close to the airfield?

Cheers

Ray Ban
12th Nov 2004, 11:10
If you do a search you will find loads of info to keep you occupied. You can then make an informed decision. I would say go and visit but I see you are in Wales. Apparently there may be vacancies in Devon/Somerset for part time work. PM flying farmer for details I think.

Best of luck.

DJ 2
12th Nov 2004, 11:46
Cheers Ray Ban,

I did see the one in Devon but it's part time I think.

EL SID
13th Nov 2004, 19:41
The words/phrases including plague and barge pole come to mind when this organisations name is mentioned!

porridge
19th Nov 2004, 19:47
Done the search - wow what a fun place to work! I don't think

Zlin526
20th Nov 2004, 14:02
A mate of mine asked the very same question last week.. I told him I'd rather work for the Mujahadin than be an instructor at Panshanger. At least the Mujahadin are fairly reasonable.....:)

African Drunk
22nd Nov 2004, 18:22
I believe you need to do psychometric testing.

flying jocks
8th Dec 2004, 21:30
If you want to do potentially many hours of flying and have a salesman streak, then Panshanger could be the right place to you. If you cannot convince punters to start a course, then you won't do very well.

Give it a try, if a after a few months you don't like it, then there are other jobs instead;)