PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed SEP(land)

scubawasp
11th Nov 2004, 09:39
I have looked in LASors, but I am struggling to find the part on renewal of a SEP land rating that has expired by more then 10 years.

If anyone knows the requirements then please let me know

Cheers

spitfire747
11th Nov 2004, 09:51
I stand corrected but:

where licence holders have been unable to renew a SEP Land rating for a period exceeding 5 years from date of expiry then they must complete the following

a skills test

oral theoretical knowledge examination (conducted a spart of skills test)

BEagle
11th Nov 2004, 10:11
Correct. But although it's the SEP renewal LST, not the PPL Skill Test, there is now a requirement for the Examiner to assess VFR navigation.

scubawasp
11th Nov 2004, 12:45
Ah, so they have added a further element!

I thought it may have been similar to the NPPL, where there is a further list of objectives to complete if you're outside the 10 year mark.

That will be good news for one of our students!

Whopity
11th Nov 2004, 12:59
The answer can be found in 3 places

AIC 78/2002 White 64

LASORS F1.5 Page 9

JAR-FCL1.245

not exactly hard to find if you know where to look!

BEagle
11th Nov 2004, 13:18
The additional VFR navigation element for SE/SPA LST/LPCs is not yet in LASORS; it only came out as a Notice To Examiners a couple of weeks ago.

DB6
12th Nov 2004, 18:22
May not be applicable in this case but if your candidate is current on any other class or type (e.g. airliners etc.) then revalidation/renewal periods can be based on the validity of that rating. I can't remember details offhand and the way I read it meant it was open to misinterpretation but it's in LASORS too.