PDA

View Full Version : Are you looking for an airline Job, come here...

superman_32
29th Oct 2004, 06:56
I tell you this whole business sucks. Money poured down the drain, were it could have been invested in far more better things. Aviation sucks guys, I have an ATPL with 2400 hrs total time, did an approved course because at the time they said, " all airlines like to see someone that has done an approved course" well it is rubbish....I am so sad that I have wasted a good 10 yrs in of my life which will never come back again! running after being a glorified bus driver!!!!, I could have become a real bus driver with national express or something and just be contempt with my salary, and I would still be responisble of 150 people or so and wearing a uniform!!!..

Promot this " PROFESSIONAL PILOT JOBS SUCKS" people have to realise this and STOP parting away with their hard earned money.

It is a waste of time guys......a lot of heart ache, a lot of money, and sometimes can get in your own personal married life if you are married.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Southend King
29th Oct 2004, 07:09
Dear Superman 32,

If this post is a reflection of :-

1) Your attitude towards the profession
2) Your ability to communicate in a clear and precise manner
3) Your knowledge of the english language

Then I have to say it is hardly surprising that you have not been successful in getting employment.

This industry doesn't owe you a living.

The site your are looking for is

here. (http://www.nationalexpress.com/p.cfm?n=pjb-qpvc)

aged
29th Oct 2004, 07:32
Good to see you can't keep a right t*sser down, just change the username and spout the same old stuff
Welcome back.

superman_32
29th Oct 2004, 07:34
at least i can speak english albeit not my mother tongue, what kind of career is this where as the saying go " it is not what you know, but who you know" . it is simple,

IF YOU ARE:-

1. professional
2. of good character
3. have a stable mind
4. willing to offer the best of 20-30 yrs of your life serving an airline company

then you should get the job....SIMPLE!!! why all the hastle...

it is all about show offs :- nice uniform and beautiful cabin crew women!

hahahahahahaha........what a frigging joke guys....

it is and always will be a catch 22 situation.

....get us a flying license.......
....oh, have you done an approved course of training?....
....do a type rating and then apply.........
..... oh, have you got 500 hrs on type?......
......oh good you have the type rating you have done an approved course AND you got all the licenses....NOW...how old are you?

and it goes on and on and on and on......

it is simple...STOP!!!!

Groundloop
29th Oct 2004, 08:09
So where do National Express operate these 150 seater buses, then? Wouldn't like to be behind one of them on the M1 on a rainy night!

TRon
29th Oct 2004, 08:26
Welcome back again skyman.

Glad to see everything is going well for you. Seems the recruitment people in this country are doing their jobs and not employing you.

Luke SkyToddler
29th Oct 2004, 10:31
For more of superman/ronchonner/skyman/seigneur/unculee/trouduc's tales of heartbreak and woe and doing valiant battle against the evil forces that conspire to rob him of the job he so rightfully deserves :rolleyes: take a look at

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6761
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5557
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5532
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141127
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137938
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137797
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123940
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122808

duece19
29th Oct 2004, 10:46
The soutend king

I find no 3 on your list a bit strange. :confused:

His knowledge of english grammar has nada to do with this at all, and neither does mine. There is quite a few of us at pprune who are non native englishspeakers so please, stop slagging someone of for his/her grammar.

AIRWAY
29th Oct 2004, 10:51
Well if we all stopped then there would be a REAL pilot shortage :O :}

-------

There is quite a few of us at pprune who are non native englishspeakers so please, stop slagging someone of for his/her grammar.

I have to agree with this, constant bashing about other peoples specially non english natives grammar, unfortunately to those with high levels on intellectual capacity who think they are gods gift to aviation and so perfect, nothing can be done, so let them whinge and ignore them, thats what i do. ( not this case :} )

PPRuNe Towers
29th Oct 2004, 12:09
.... and some have bothered to look at superman_32's entire posts and noted the collapse of language skills apparently due to temper rather than ability.

Regards
rob

jamestkirk
29th Oct 2004, 14:42
Would you prefer to sweep roads or sell used cars for a living.

You are in a job that most non-pilot people would kill for.

Whatever downhill slide you are in, sort it before you end up a bitter, emotional wreck.

Oh, amd please let us know what airline you work for. I assume there will be a sapre F/O job coming up.

If that does't help, try veuve cliquot champagne. It's grapes are crushed against the breasts of virgins and sorts out any problems.

I typed the above in a hurry. No comments about spelling please, it\'s rarely funny

superman_32
29th Oct 2004, 15:54
PPRuNe Towers
Dep Chief PPRuNe Pilot thank you for your comment, and it is true it is my frustration and anger of the situation.

I have tried to get a type rating, but money is short.
As for the sarcastic comment made by one of you regarding " what airline you are working for at the moment coz I feel there will be a free F/O post soon"...If I was working for an airline I would not even be here today making a point or comment!!!! so who is the stupid one now?:O

18greens
29th Oct 2004, 20:01
Is this the return of Ronchonner??

fireflybob
29th Oct 2004, 20:05
superman_32, my advice - NEVER give up - easy to say I know but when I look at my aviation career (or lack of it) over the last few years I could sit down and cry but I made a decision that I would make the best of a bad job and not the worst. Are there challenges ?- yes there always are but do NOT give up on your dreams.

It is very often that when you are at the point of giving up that success is just around the corner and, I believe, that it is who you become on the way to your dreams that really makes the difference.

See things how they are but NOT worse than they are and develop some sort of plan. It's no good heading east if you are looking for a sunset.

Remember that "Why to" is more important than "How to". If you have a big enough Why you can do anything and remember that mountains DO move - one rock at a time!

Good Luck!

Fancy Navigator
29th Oct 2004, 20:44
Hey Superman,
Take it cool !
FNav:)

superman_32
29th Oct 2004, 22:49
Thanks to all for your considerate words which I have taken to heart and will try not to give up...I wish all the best in finding their dream....

cheers

ATIS
30th Oct 2004, 10:55
Superman,

Has it actually been all doom and gloom. Over the past few years have you been invited for interviews or assesments.

How did you feel on the day. You have to consider whether you can approve on anything. Even basic things like appearance on the day is vital.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Many of the regional airlines actually don't mind older people, cos these are the guys who are likely to stay. These are the guys who are looking at quality of life rather than the size of a/c.

Good luck and try and keep at it

M.85
30th Oct 2004, 14:37
Superman,

I was like you a year ago..2500 hrs on Metroliners/1900,single pilot/NO AP,a fresh type on 737 for my FAA to JAA ATPL conversion...but no jobs insight..8 months after type and first pass in a all ATPL subjects at Oxford,I was unemployed and still couldnt get work as a ticket counter.
This business is hard..long and not that glamorous..but the joy to fly will always be there..and the day coffee kicks in at 37000ft above the alps on a nice clear early morning..youll look at those shiny wings and say to yourself ..it was all worth it..
You have some experience hence you paid your dues in some ways..
All that to tell you,the hard time you are living now can only make you a more humble person,someone who,when he gets his first jet job doesnt walk with the chin up on top of his 250 hours and fresh frozen Atpl..

The longer you have to wait the higher the pride and happiness to finally have made it.
Your time will come, it has to.

Good luck,
M.85

skyman68
30th Oct 2004, 16:31
I agree, this business really suck from everywhere.
guys telling you are wrong, are wannabe pilots with 50 hours who do not know anything about this #$% market and who believe their flight school that a shortage of pilots is coming. ah ah ah!!! in your dream!

you and me, we know that since at least 10 years.for me it is 12 years!
My ex flight instructors (who lost their job years ago) told me the same thing, to not believe about this pilot'shortage.

But at this time I was 10 years younger and very very stupid. then I have decided to fork a fortune to become an airline pilot regardless of my Instructor recommendations and now I have no money in my wallet and the only person who contact me are schools trying to sell me this and this #%$# useless training.(orientation jet course, how to apply to an airline, seminar how to write a CV, how to cut your hair, what kind of soap you must use,...,...)

High Wing Drifter
30th Oct 2004, 16:46
How can people possible determine somebody's attitude and ability from an internet forum post?

Mooney12
30th Oct 2004, 22:12
skyman/superman/ all the other names he posts under- all the same psychotic loser - ignore him and his stupid threads.

Speedbird744
31st Oct 2004, 11:00
What a waste of time reading posts this guy writes. I've never heard such negativity in my life.

Skyman:
With your attitude, you won't ever find a job. But at least do us a favour and stop the trash talk on Pprune!

ChocksAwayUK
31st Oct 2004, 12:21
skyman/superman/ all the other names he posts under- all the same psychotic loser - ignore him and his stupid threads.

Their posts are very different grammatically. Really don't think he's bonkers enough to get someone to reword his messages... ya never know though :}

jamestkirk
31st Oct 2004, 13:32
superman 32

You did say you gave 10 years of your life to it and airline jobs suck.

Where did you say that you were currently out of work.

With that attitude, maybe it's better your not on a flight deck with someone. You would certainly would make a sane person want to walk into a moving prop.

I bet the nights just fly by with you.

Try putting something on pprune that might give some positive advice to others.

skyman68
31st Oct 2004, 18:31
his advise to you is not to start a training like I did if you are not ready to fork a fortune considering no money return for the next 10 years.( after spending for a CPL, IR/JAA training+MCC+FI+type rating+500/1500h),

actually the market is full of extra qualified pilots and I personally do not think that a wanabee pilot can do the step in a cockpit for the next 6-7 years.

I can not really tell you what to do, I am $%%# too!.

Willie Everlearn
1st Nov 2004, 16:08
superman_32

Judging by the reactions to your observations regarding the job of airline pilot, you must have hit the nail on the head!

That's usually when one tends to go "Ouch!"
:ok:

M.85
2nd Nov 2004, 10:06
guys guys guys....

Dont you get it??Dont you see that some people filled with anger and despair may need the only resource they have to take out their inner frustration??
PPrune does also that..it allows people to give their views, sometimes aimed to be shared sometimes not.
If Superman posts make him feel somehow better aterwards..well be it..let him.
One day you too may be in need of a way to shout out loud what you have inside..he uses Pprune..dont answer if you think its not worth your attention.

I DONT think you can judge someone through anonymous posts.

M.85

cessna l plate
2nd Nov 2004, 19:00
Why don't you all count your blessings, especially Superman. This is not a dig but, I would kill to be in the position you are in right now.

I have wanted to be an airline pilot since I was 6. A couple of years ago I found myself in the position to be able to afford some flying lessons.
I argued that an airline like say Brittania have a sponsorship scheme that requires the applicants to have A levels. Although not a dunce, at 18 years of age I was an impetuous youth who had had enough of education and legged it out of school as fast as I could.

So, I argued that I might stand a chance on a sponsorship scheme if I had a PPL, as opposed to A levels as I am already part trained. Make sense??

Then the neighbour from hell struck, torched my motor outside my house. The wife is too scarred to live there any more, so we have to move. Bigger house means bigger bills. I have ammased 4 hours since I took my first solo in January this year.

Looking through the finances this week, it is easy for me to see that we are struggling to even eat at the moment. I have today decided that any ambition I have of being an airline pilot is gone, as are the chances of giving my daughter a private education and being able to afford it, and all the other reasons for why I wanted to be a pilot.

As for having a PPL, 12 months ago it was well and truly on the horizon. Now it is not even a pipe dream. Rarther than have any chance of an exciting job, which you DO have superman, all I have to look forward to is driving a lorry for the next 30 years.
My life at the moment is all work, and not an ounce of play. I have to DJ at weekends to make ends meet, to feed my family. (Maybee this should be in the agony aunt forum) I work in excess of 80 hours each and every week.

But all that aside, there are two things that make me emotional.
1. People who have the chance and think that the world owes them something, these make me angry, because they have a part of what I want.

2. The fact that I will never set foot in the cockpit of an aircraft for at least the next 10 years. That just makes me cry. (Like now)

So superman, stop whining, you are not hard done to, and no doubt there are people out there worse off than me. Get your head down, study hard, and all good things will come your way, and enjoy your chosen profession. As for national express, I earn my living on the road, forget it. Much easier in the air!!

superman_32
2nd Nov 2004, 19:30
Amazing.....

All the posts posted here are true. Thanks to all those nice guys who responded kindly to my dilemma. As I am sure most people in my situation are feeling the same, not bitterness, but sadness for the time lost of our lives trying to persue a career in the airlines as airline pilots, I am working at the moment and happy with my flying job, not with an airline though, but closely afilliated to an airline which are taking on cadets who dont know their left from their right, yet they still take em!!!...and there is me who have worked so hard to get my hours on both twins and singles, who got an ATPL and have done a LOFT course, which ofcourse after spending 2000 pounds on it, JAR now says sorry mate not valid, you need to do MCC!!!!!!!! which is now I believe costs 4000 pounds or so.

Now isn't this a rip of and day-light robbery!!!!!.

I came to realise that unless someone is sponsored by an airline, it is quite meaningless to even pay to become a commercial pilot.

<forgive all my grammitical mistakes and spellings> but I am typing straight what is going through my mind.

For those who want to persue this line I would advise you to learn from us who walked through the lane and make sure you get sponsored by an airline...DO NOT PUT ANY PENNY IN AVIATION.

I am 32 yr old and since I graduated from flying school 12 yrs ago I only had one interview which I did so well, however my hours at the time was low.(200 hrs) . Talking about getting dressed properly, I bought a 450 quid suite (I was unemployed and on the dough) for the interview and I read so much about the company that I could have been the CEO for that outfit.Yet my hours let me down. I came out feeling as if my license which I payed so much for and worked my #%^& off for day and night meant NOTHING.

Clem737
3rd Nov 2004, 11:58
Superman,

I feel pretty much the same, however like cessna l plate say's it could be worse. With the debts im in, I cant even afford to take an F/O position at the moment with the salary's and type rating deductions, but....... they cant take my license away. So I'll do it in reverse. Going to work my butt off now for a couple of years, pay off debts, then do a refresher course and come back into the industry hopefully at a better time raring to go.
Im still proud of my ATPL and 200 hrs and that is the only qualification you need really, the rest is determination and hard work.

Remmember if its easy to do, its not worth doing.

see you at 30,000.

oh and M.85, Keep up the good work. Your sound advice and enthusiasm is what keeps me going, thank you.

SpectreLover
4th Nov 2004, 08:52
Guys, give Superman a break.

Actually he is NOT that far off reality - and he is not the only one that feel this industry is glamourized and bogus. Personally, I feel, that this business is far overestimated generally. I could write books about my understanding of the situation, and sometimes I think of doing so - at least to worn newcomers before they waste their finances and best years of their life.

The truth is, that many find themselves married to an aircraft and not a woman at their best age of 30-40. The ideals are strapped to their license and issues such as a fast car, a triband phone, an unlimited passport and a range of creditcards and a willingness and abillity to relocate on short notice is strong values needed to survive in the business. A very social hostile setup here.

There is no need to go rating about it here, other than to simply look at the facts. At least we need to look at facts. Thats not rating. I know that "facts" are different from person to person, so if anyone replies to my post here, maybe they want to argue why I think its sooo bad, and that they dont see it this way. Thats why I wont go into this, but simply give you my opinion.

Many lies are connected to the business.

The most important ones are:

- The education is exiting and you get pilot licences

- The job is pretigeous and you get to see new places

- The salary is better than for most other jobs

- The resposability is high

- You wear a nice uniform and work with beautiful women

These values are invented by the business it self, simply because its needed to get young men to invest time and money on their pilot training. Its shown in glamouris pictures in ads, its told on pilot seminars and also between people in the business. Its a kind of a public lie that circulates around. The truth is, that its only true for SOME pilots - but the storys are never about all the devorced loosers of the industry. In this industry there is a great chance that if you win jobwise, you have probably lost familywise.

Sometimes, people that have commited themselves to the business, maybe lost everything else, will live by these values and argue why its a good move to join the business. Little mature and childish remarks such as: You have a nice uniform, you fly a shiny new jet, the cabin crew is so beautiful, you get to see nice places, the salary is far better than for most other jobs etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. have just become too much for me to listen to. I just know that this is a grown up "child" talking. A single guy thinking about girls all the time. I just know, that the person that says so is either younger than 30 or he has not develloped his personality according to his age - during being a dependable person in a relationship with taking care of one or more kids etc. (as many in the business does not have, since its not possible).

On the contrary, I could state the following:

- IF you are CRAZY about flying, you will find the education exiting. You will get pilot licences, but in the long run they will reduce you to a kind of a dependant drug addict constantly looking for who can supply your next SIM check and flight hours, so that you stay current. If not, you are OUT of business.

- You will be an airborn busdriver, IF you get employment. If you fly regional or medium haul you will see boring places for about 30 mins. on ground, and only IF you get a job on longhaul you will get to see exiting places.

- The salary will be nonexisting or very low the first many years, then it can MAYBE rise IF you get a job with one of the FEW good airlines, UNLESS you are lucky to enter a good airline directly. Remember to deduct hidden expenses from your salary, like pendling, tickets, renting a room if this is needed etc. etc. Then recalculate and see if your salary is still higher than others.

- IF you become a captain, you will have responsability. As a FO you will have little responsability and be supervised in everything you do.

- With the image of being a pilot, and wearing a uniform on work, you will be interesting among SOME girls you meet, and you even get to fly with many girls daily. However, they will not adore you because, since they the almost the same occupation and know the business, they will in most cases NEVER consider a binding relationship with a pilot because building a family on this is almost impossible and very insecure. All in all, being a pilot is almost the perfect job for a single guy.

The truth is the even though many pilots make it to the top and enjoy nice conditions in OK airlines - MANY dont. I know many guys in aviation and although some have managed to get a good flying position, they are away all the time and many now coming close to 40 without a wife and a family (they are not gays) ;-)
No one is considering buying a house, because you never know when the contract ends and you have to relacate, and things such as not being present on christmas eve with your family, not attending important happenings and missing out on birthdays and holidays is a must - its just nothing you think about anymore.

Honestly, there is FAR better ways to earn a living - even though the salary is less.

superman_32
4th Nov 2004, 09:08
The thing is, we have invested a large proportion of the cost towards making ourselves employable to the airlines. The majority of the money has gone into getting a license from an approved college, which then should reflect the hard work and dedication that someone had to put in to make himself employable, the least the airlines can do or consider is to take people like us who are clearly determined and willing to work to a high standard and proffesionally and to benifit the company. If say they take on sponsored cadets, okay they might have done so well in the selection process, but when up in the air it is completely a different story!! (from experience instructing airline cadets) some are clever in both ground and in the air, some are clever in the ground and rubbinsh in the air, some are rubbish both in ground and in the air, AND some just throw the towel in althogether, which costs the airline huge losses. So we have cut it short and invested I would say 3/4 of the cost and thus all the airlines can do is to offer the type-rating, since most airlines when they buy fleet say from Airbus, the Airbus company offers them free sim training!!!! yes!!! FREE SIM TRAINING for a certain number of people obviously, as a promotion to sell aircrafts.

Groundloop
4th Nov 2004, 10:06
Dear Superman,

If you have only had one interview in 12 years I think that says an awful lot more about the state of your own CV than anything about the state of the employment market!

I know quite a few people who have graduated with ATPLs in the last 18 months and are now flying for a wide variety of airlines and executive jet operators. Jobs are out there but generally you have to work very hard at getting them.

superman_32
5th Nov 2004, 12:28
Ideally the CV should fill a single page and ensure that it is not 'overcrowded' otherwise key points will be lost.
Check for errors, omissions, spelling mistakes, layout and presentation. Then get a colleague to do an independent check.
Ensure that there are no gaps between the dates.
Be honest; there is a difference between omitting detail and lying! You will be found out at interview!
A CV is subjective but the general rule is avoid making it flashy or gimmicky.
A CV is personal, so you may wish it to reflect your personality.
If you choose to use colour be conservative: This is a professional business.
Think twice before including a photograph unless one has been requested.
Ensure that the CV and covering letter relate to the position for which you are applying, i.e. it should not be a 'round robin', but rather specific to the airline concerned.
Pay as much attention to the covering letter as to the CV.
If you are going to include the address of two referees, speak to them first.
Look at the Internet, you may pick up some useful advice. Don't forget to research the airline
Keep details of: to whom CV sent, date sent, details of the advert to which you replied, copy of CV and covering letter, etc.
Consider including a Profile (this is a personal choice). Ensure that it fits the advert requirements if you are answering an advert.
Use good quality paper and post the CV and covering letter unfolded in an >A4' envelope. Never send a photocopy.
A good CV will get you to an interview - a bad one will not.
You cannot recover from a poor first impression!

skyman68
5th Nov 2004, 18:03
I got 2 interviews in 5-6 years.
I have been laid off before 9/11.
Since 9/11, I got 0 interview.

total 2 interviews in 9 years or so.
so I am not surprised by what say Superman32.

one of my friends got 2-3 interview in 5 years,he job on a very small plane and very far from Europe.

...":YES, there are plenty of opportunities for pilots. Pilot shortage is here, and airlines are desperated for pilots.. if you want fly a jet, contact a school.they will train you to be a professional".

AH AH, they will train you to give them your money and be a loser...

How long this SCAM is going to exist????
why the BALPA, and the CAA does nothing?
Why schools continue to lie to us and make fun of us?

DIRRIK
5th Nov 2004, 18:25
Hi there,

I started my integrated training after 9/11. (day after!!!). trained during two years in Spain via Dutch agency.

After my training (08/03) I managed to start flying for an air taxi company in Belgium and also to do first flights and joyflights for a Dutch company.

Three months after I finished training I had my first interview with Thomas Cook. Three months later I had my second interview for another airline.
Again three months later I had another interview for a Dutch airline. I passed the interview as well as psychotechnical tests and I am now flying as a first officer....

During my typerating I was phoned for a (fourth) interview with Austrian Arrows.....

So Skyman68, you see that it is not impossible at all.

Anyway, good luck to everybody, there is hope !!!!!!!!

Greetz

Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrik

skyman68
6th Nov 2004, 16:41
Dirrick, ....in your DREAMS!!!

Frank Furillo
6th Nov 2004, 18:33
Sorry to be a pain but...... Skyman 68 and Superman_32 are the same person folks!!!
In fact on page one of this very interesting rant, Luke Sky Toddler lets us know some other great names you can see this same sour, sad, angry man/woman by, they are....superman/ronchonner/skyman/seigneur/unculee/trouduc.

Good reading and enjoy.
FF

The Greaser
6th Nov 2004, 19:07
When you read some of these idiots on Prune can you really wonder why so many guys never get jobs as airline pilots!

BoraBora007
7th Nov 2004, 00:35
I suspect you could add SpectreLover to that list of used names:suspect:

bunglesboy
8th Nov 2004, 06:07
I have spent a lot of time reading posts from you guys in the UK and Europe about how tough life is for a pilot over there. It must be very hard deciding whether to take that first job with minimal hours on a turbo prop or waiting for that jet job. Try having to bow and scrape for a job flying a cessna 206/207 for the equivilant of 9-10 thousand pounds, 6 days a week living in a town which costs 2 1/2 times the national average to live in where the population is 5000 and 50-60 of those people are new pilots hunting for that first job. You guys have no idea how lucky you are in europe. The number of companies and the population over there give you a great start to your aviation career and for some of you who complain about having to take a turboprop job instead of a jet job as a first step need to try flying here for a while. If you are really lucky you may get a turboprop job after flying for 3-5 years and logging 2-3000 hours.
Superman_32, most pilots I know get into flying for the love of it not for the money - that eventually comes as an added benefit. If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen - it's that simple. :{

Pilot Pete
8th Nov 2004, 10:28
SpectreLover

Many lies are connected to the business. The most important ones are:

- The education is exiting and you get pilot licences

- The job is pretigeous and you get to see new places

- The salary is better than for most other jobs

- The resposability is high

- You wear a nice uniform and work with beautiful women

Where on earth did you find ANYONE related to this business who told you that the 'education is exiting'?:p

'Prestige' is defined as influence or good reputation derived from past achievements I think most members of the public still view our job as this, even if they think we just 'press buttons'. If you entered the industry without your own thoughts on just how 'prestigeous' it is then more fool you. Oh, and yes I have seen many, many new places. How can that possibly be a lie, unless of course you have been to them all before...;)

As regards salary, again, I don't recall any training organisation EVER telling me ANYTHING about salaries. The figures are freely available on the net. If you chose to come into this profession with 'someone elses idea' of just what salary you could earn, again more fool you.

And if you think that the responsibility is anything other than high then you must be living in cloud cuckoo land. Where is the lie in that?

And yet again skyman68.........
Dirrick, ....in your DREAMS!!! yep, someone else has got a job and skyman68 calls him a liar..............
Since 9/11, I got 0 interview. No interviews in 3 years? I'b be questioning MY OWN approach to the job market, not bleeting on here about how unfair it is....
How long this SCAM is going to exist????why the BALPA, and the CAA does nothing?Why schools continue to lie to us and make fun of us?

Change the record

boring (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1594900#post1594900)

yawn (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146160&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

:zzz: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1568528#post1568528

I could go on but..........:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: ............

Penworth
8th Nov 2004, 10:56
Bunglesboy, I don't know where you got the idea that low time pilots in Europe reluctantly accept turbo prop jobs instead of holding out for jet jobs! Granted we may have things easier in Europe in terms of the number of airlines, but the vast majority of wannabe's (myself included) would jump at the chance of a turbo-prop position!

PW

Frank Furillo
8th Nov 2004, 11:14
Well Done,
Pilot Pete, for telling it like it is!

Snigs
8th Nov 2004, 11:44
You know, I'm amazed at how many times this poster casts the line and continues to reel you lot in. He must collapse in guffaws of laughter every time he logs onto PPRuNe. :oh:

TRon
8th Nov 2004, 12:16
Here is a challenge skyman/superman and all your other alias'

How about right now, you pick up a phone, that is if you have mastered that art and make like a pilot and 'push the buttons' on it.

Dial in any airline and speak to their recruitment team. Tell them exactly how you feel you are being treated and how you deserve a job. Infact tell anyone that will isten there, tell the receptionist if she'll listen. I can see them talking about that one over coffee for hours after laughing, you never know you might even make it as a dinner party joke.

I should imagine that would be a more productive waste of your time than coming on here and ranting at us all with your personal vendetta against how unfair life and the airline industry is.

superman_32
8th Nov 2004, 14:09
skyman68 and I r 2 different ppl. for those who luck smiled at them or had good connections that helped u get a job and u r working now that is good and well,
BUT, u still cannot appreciate the dilema we r in.....

Frank Furillo
8th Nov 2004, 14:42
Superman, skyman, whatever your bloody name is do you really expect us to believe that.
You are a asshole if you think people will fall for that.

skyman68
8th Nov 2004, 17:38
superman32,

I think you and me have nothing to reply to these low minded persons.(tron,...)
what they have: 22yo?, 250hours of cessna 152.?
and they want give you a lesson,
they all think they are smarter than us, and think you just have to pay to get a job.

please guys, go away and go find yourself a decent job in your local MAc Donald!

M.85
8th Nov 2004, 17:42
superman..

you have a flying job?????
WEll..do your job,work hard,stop crying,pay your dues,and youll get rewarded like everyone else..
Flying small aircrafts is NOT a burden,it will give you the tools to become a better and more profecient pilot the day you join the major ailrine you are thriving for.

Good luck,

M.85

BoraBora007
8th Nov 2004, 20:49
I love the way skyman and superman have conversations together LOL - Don't they say that people who talk to themselves are crazy? :hmm:

Frank Furillo
9th Nov 2004, 08:38
yes maybe skyman and superman should change his name/s to Norman Bates!!!!

skyman68
9th Nov 2004, 16:38
please, contact you local psy.:E

Frank Furillo
10th Nov 2004, 11:09
skyman/superman whatever your bloody name is why don't you go and play on the M25 in rush hour and save us all from your moaning. We would all feel better then
FF

skyman68
11th Nov 2004, 14:35
FF, send me 50'000$ and I will get you a job.
send me 500$ and your CV.

Frank Furillo
11th Nov 2004, 14:57
skyman/superman what ever your name is, you are a very sad and lonely person, If i were you I would get a life, or get help.
I and many others would like you to stop telling us how much the world owes you, it does not owe you anything the sooner you grow up you silly little boy the better for all of us.
Now get lost and leave me alone.
FF

andy525
12th Nov 2004, 14:13
I am a young student from Manchester, UK and am currently studying my AS levels. I've always wanted to fly, but reading this post has scared the $*!* out of me. Is all this true about how unfair and hard getting into the avaition industry as a pilot is? How should I go about getting a job? Is it worth it?

Frank Furillo
12th Nov 2004, 14:28
are you happy now skyman!!!!! you have put a young aspiring pilot off!!!!

Beechdrivr
14th Nov 2004, 17:05
I couldn't agree with you more Bunglesboy... hear hear!:ok:

scroggs
14th Nov 2004, 17:38
Originally posted by Bunglesboy:
The number of companies and the population over there give you a great start to your aviation career and for some of you who complain about having to take a turboprop job instead of a jet job as a first step need to try flying here for a while

I'm afraid that you have missed some salient facts from your analysis, Bunglesboy. While it's perfectly true that there is no surplus of flying jobs in Australia, I think you'll find that the number of pilots compared to the national population (20,216,000 as of today) is in line with that in Europe (population now something over 400,000,000).

Certainly there are more airlines here and, for reasons peculiar to Europe's geography, a greater proportion of those airlines (and thus jobs) use jet equipment. Low salaries are common in Europe - even in UK, which is arguably the richest country within Europe. Salaries in some of the countries in the eastern EU would make you (and me) hang your head in shame at the extravagent amounts you get paid in Australia!

Just remember, the grass isn't always as green as you think it is on the other side of the fence!

Scroggs