PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada new livery: White or Green!

sonic340
20th Oct 2004, 21:26
What's the colour of this plane?? White or Green:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/695154/M

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/694839/M

74tweaker
20th Oct 2004, 22:10
Unfortunately - it's that fugly, 'breath mint' or 'colgate' green.:(

Canadian Beech
22nd Oct 2004, 00:41
"fugly"... LMAO!:p

Ray Darr
22nd Oct 2004, 14:25
...what about the new uniforms? Any snaps?

pigboat
23rd Oct 2004, 03:33
Anything beats that loon-**** green it replaced.;)

DMEArc
23rd Oct 2004, 12:18
Try this link for new uniform view...

http://www.aircanada.ca/about-us/media/facts/download/m_f_uniform.jpg

Chuck Ellsworth
23rd Oct 2004, 14:18
I understand they removed the captains stripes from his shoulders and they are now on his condoms.

Panama Jack
23rd Oct 2004, 15:43
Well, after dealing with weight gain and loss, the stripes are around my hips.

c150driver
27th Oct 2004, 17:28
I guess after screwing it's employees, and investors, it is time to start fresh with a clean slate and piss away more money on new paint and uniforms...the cycle never seems to end!

breguet
27th Oct 2004, 21:00
From what I was able to learn, AC got the fabric (from which they will get the new uniform) when they bought canadian because CAI (which was loosing money like crazy) had bought that fabric for new uniforms. Hence, it will cost nothing.

New paint job: oh yeah, AC will paint the aircraft as they were due for a new paint so white or the new color no difference...and it will take a couple of years before the fleet is done anyway.

Now, the contract with Celine Dion was approved by the judge ( I assume) overseeing the restructuring and is, therefore, included in the cost of said restructuring with approval of creditors.

Keep flying your cessna 150 thanks.
:ok:

c150driver
27th Oct 2004, 23:46
Thanks for reminding me! I forgot that your pay cuts are going to Celine...we all know SHE needs the money!

Latte tester
28th Oct 2004, 08:45
New paint always looks good regardless of colour, unfortunately it's still Air Canada...uniforms whatever fabric or colour won't change the attitude and as for Celine, I thought we had finally got rid of her to Vegas...how come she keeps coming back?

YOW - YUL $400 one way, check in 45 minutes prior to dep, 25 minutes in the air, 45 minutes waiting for bags...YOW - YUL Via Rail 1st class $100, under 2 hours, red wine included and a shuttle to the airport, no waiting for bags...and they wonder why they're having problems...yes the new paint will definitely help

:mad:

oxygen on
28th Oct 2004, 13:50
Your point is not valid. Most people flying between YOW and YUL are on connection. I don't think people are stupid anough to fly only YOW-YUL, except for a handfull of politicians... :confused:

Willie Everlearn
28th Oct 2004, 16:14
:confused:

Isn't it funny how the union employees feel they've been ripped off when their company (that should have gone out of business years ago) manages to re-invent itself (yet again) and spend some necessary dollars on advertising?

Oops. Why would a fool like me think for an instant AC should spend money on itself. Especially on advertising!!!!

And wouldn't it be nice for a change if the employee group at that airline could stop with the constant chorus of "me! me! me!" . :{

Would't it also be nice for a change if they'd just go back to work and try to accent the positive. Imagine a world where AC employees actually developed a positive attitude? What impact might that have on not only them but the travelling public?

I am such a cynic :(
OOops! Did I say change???
Why change the attitude? It's likely to affect the company culture. It might even help bring fare paying customers back.

Nice new corporate image. :ok:
Much better than the previous 'new' one.

Sawbones
28th Oct 2004, 17:05
breguet:

"From what I was able to learn, AC got the fabric (from which they will get the new uniform) when they bought canadian because CAI (which was loosing money like crazy) had bought that fabric for new uniforms. Hence, it will cost nothing."

Your information is totally incorrect. The material being used for the new AC uniform is NOT the same as that intended for new Canadian Airlines uniforms.

Also, the deal with Celine was obviously inked after the Company emerged from CCAA, hence the judge overseeing the restructuring would have nothing to do with it.

Latte tester
29th Oct 2004, 08:35
oxygen on, "...on a connection..." unless your main flight originates from Dorval and is not an Air Canada "partner" therefore full fare is usually the case unless of course you have a few days notice.
Obviously you don't get out much

Rosbif
29th Oct 2004, 14:08
It has been observed that the last promotiom Celine was involved in was "Titanic".

Dockjock
1st Nov 2004, 15:43
...and it became the top-grossing movie of all time. Ever.

Rosbif
2nd Nov 2004, 12:10
Good point well made !!

pigboat
3rd Nov 2004, 00:52
Well, it's only been a week or so, and I'm getting sick of that :mad: song.

ehwatezedoing
5th Nov 2004, 03:32
Part of the clip shooting was censured, after one of the "real" Air Canada's F/A pop's out behind celine with a board stating:

"HOW MUCH IT'S COST US ?"

pretty funny :ok:

Rollingthunder
5th Nov 2004, 04:31
Is she still working?

ehwatezedoing
6th Nov 2004, 00:57
Yes!

With probably a new annotation on her personnal file :p

Safety Guy
6th Nov 2004, 12:37
What a load of hogwash! Where do you people come up with this stuff? The negativity is getting pretty tired folks.

I am not an AC employee, but I'm a frequent customer, and I have seen a marked improvement in the demeanour and attitude of the front line employees recently. A friend with good connections at AC has told me that the deal with Celine was in the works many months ago, and that the campaign was court approved. He also said that the F/A in the background story is bollocks. The set was "closed" and no extraneous people were allowed within miles of the video shoot.

DMEArc
7th Nov 2004, 15:17
You and I were meant to fly....

Nation Post Article:

Air Canada Ditty Really Meant To Fly

How all the cards fell into place for Marketel ;)

http://www.canada.com/search/story.html?id=0a0ead3c-6e47-4948-a22a-67668a154a9f

pigboat
7th Nov 2004, 23:17
How 'bout that! A Quebec ad agency that actually worked for it's money! :ok:

ehwatezedoing
9th Nov 2004, 03:34
He also said that the F/A in the background story is bollocks. The set was "closed"

So, it's a new airline urban myth launched by an unsatisfied employee!?
Interresting :hmm:
And somehow...bad!

Can't wait to tell girlfriend about this (happy Air Can Purser), source of my mislead and also misleaded.

...sorry for the banwidth!:p