PDA

View Full Version : Piers Smerdon at Cabair

Jinkster
20th Oct 2004, 17:44
What a legend!

Ray Ban
20th Oct 2004, 18:30
Yeah we know Piers is a legend in his own lifetime but I thought he was out in Florida? Anyway how's the IR going?

Hansard
20th Oct 2004, 21:19
Is training in the States dying a death?

If he's back, he's the second big name I know to have come home.

spitfire747
21st Oct 2004, 18:42
Piers did my CPL skills test, all 2 hours 41 minutes of it.. that guy was an absolute cracker.. if he got out the plane and said i had failed, i would have accepted his worrd without doubt. luckily he said i passed..
Spitty :ok:

Jinkster
21st Oct 2004, 19:07
Piers is at cabair and as far as i understand will be sorting OFT out aswell as working for cabair in the uk.

Daysleeper
23rd Oct 2004, 18:49
If any of you get a chance to train with him you should bite your own arm off to do so.

wingbar
23rd Oct 2004, 19:11
Piers Smerdon.

Well what can I say, TOP BLOKE!

A fantastic instructor, (my present one infact).

Hat's off to you Sir!

:ok: :ok: :ok:

Baseturn
26th Oct 2004, 21:00
Piers did my Flight Instructors rating and I learnt more in those few weeks than I have learned. How he manages to maintain such enthusiasm after so long in the job is beyond human comprehension. I have never met a more knowledgeable, enthusiastic and committed person in my life. Anyone who is fortunate to get some time with him will echo this and other posts. Hats off to the Smerd and I only wish there were more like him:ok:

porridge
28th Oct 2004, 16:47
Difficult to add any superlatives to what has been already been said here. Piers is living proof that a mere mortal civilian can reach a higher plane of admiration amongst his 'peers' for his instructional skills (couldn't resist that play on words!) than the ubiquitous CFS old boys often think of as their personal fiefdom. He is certainly an inspiration to the career instructor genre.
Hope to see him over at Cranfield soon

toon
9th Nov 2004, 16:46
ahhh, now there's a name from the past, i too dropped in here by mistake, piers did my BCPL all those years ago, command a big jet now, but nice to read that he's still around, top bloke

Alt Static
11th Nov 2004, 02:02
Piers did my CPL, ME and some IR plus the FI(A). Without doubt, the best flight instructor. His dedication, motivation and unbelievable knowledge is remarkable - thank you Piers!

Jinkster
6th Jan 2005, 21:20
Rayban,

IRT very shortly, please PM me to remind me who you are.

Toon,

If you would like me to pass a message on, please PM.

Jinkster

HandspringGuy
19th Jan 2005, 20:26
Well its all been said.

So, DITTO.
Piers is an inspiration to all who are lucky enough to have met him.

RowleyUK
23rd Jan 2005, 10:20
Wouldn't know Piers from Adam but, well, what can i say, he is one top bloke!!!:E :p :E