PDA

View Full Version : HMY to get 767-300ER's

74tweaker
17th Oct 2004, 20:37
HMY will be getting 767-300ER's and flying to Hong-Kong. This is from an inside source at Boeing, I then saw a new Boeing ad confirming this and congradulating HMY. I will see if I can get a copy and post it.

Have no idea when the service will commence.:D

Left Coaster
18th Oct 2004, 08:06
Anyone know if the Chinese have approved the routes and if Canada has allowed reciprocal rights? All of these have to be "OK'd" before one foot of B767 300 ER can touch Chinese soil. I also would think that unless HARMONY had the right to operate into Russian airspace, there might be a little problem with loads to some city pairings. Good luck though, it's what Ho wanted...

Dropp the Pilot
19th Oct 2004, 14:06
They are obviously in no need of crew. Their website boasts a "recruitment" section but with 16000 total and 6000 widebody command I can't get a response. Maybe they are looking for more experience:cool: ....

PIA747
19th Oct 2004, 21:26
Maybe you dont have the right rating.

Jabewar
21st Oct 2004, 16:04
74tweaker said:

"HMY will be getting 767-300ER's and flying to Hong-Kong. This is from an inside source at Boeing, I then saw a new Boeing ad confirming this and congradulating HMY. I will see if I can get a copy and post it..."

That 'ad' is old promotional material dating to Harmony's start up approximately 2 yeas ago. Flying to China is still the goal but not imminent form what I understand. The 767-300ER would not be a suitable a/c for Hong Kong or Macau since it could not do it non-stop form CYVR with a load 100% of the time.

bound_for_dubai
21st Oct 2004, 18:13
What about Taipei? I read an article way back when HMY went to Beijing to talk about flying to China (not sure what routes) and they were quite pleased when they left. Too bad I was really hoping they'd go for the 777-200ER's

Left Coaster
24th Oct 2004, 12:55
I'm sure that all of HARMONY'S employees were as keen as you to see 777's on the ramp, but give your young cranium a shake. There are none available, as several Middle Eastern airlines have a lock on the orders. Plus do you actually know how much they want for a 200 series? Let me know when you find out, and I'm sure that Dr. Ho won't be shelling out the $$$ needed to get a couple for Asia. The routes that are being bandied about last time I heard were not the standard Chinese destinations. That might have changed after they dumped the last Prez. BTW any one announced as a replacement? Thoughts? Anyone?
Hope that the airline gets it's new routes and equipment, it would sure be a good shot in the arm for the employees, who deserve better.
LC

bound_for_dubai
24th Oct 2004, 18:27
Of course more than a 747, around 200 million. I guess all we're gonna see flying is the usual.......:(

extreme P
3rd Nov 2004, 21:17
Head over to www.jetthrust.com and look under "Rumour Mill" for the picture.