Check out Skyward in Manitoba. They fly Navajos

JBI
3rd Oct 2004, 12:20
"Check out Skyward in Manitoba. They fly Navajos"

No they don't

bound_for_dubai
3rd Oct 2004, 13:03
Oops my bad no they don't.

Thanks JBI for the correction, I guess Flying Timer is going to have to search for a job himself, like everyone else.

Flying Timer
3rd Oct 2004, 14:00
Thanks for your help Dubai!! that's exactly what I am doing...was just asking for leads.....you should take that van jobs with your 500 hrs .... been around for a while and never heard of a Van Job with those kind of hours.......TAKE IT MAN!

bound_for_dubai
3rd Oct 2004, 16:37
NAhh, the Van job is right seat. I need PIC time

JBI
3rd Oct 2004, 22:07
You can check out the Canadian Civil Aircraft register on the Transport Canada Website and find out all the Navajo operators out there. That'd be a good place to start at least.

KingAir
4th Oct 2004, 01:57
You can try Commercial Aviation out of Hearst, ON. I heard that they might be looking for someone. They fly Navajoes and Cheyennes.

Good luck.

fougapilot
6th Oct 2004, 19:41
Worked for Commercial Aviation in Hearst some years back. First Class. Very good place to go and get good experience. Most company in Ontario do Medevac for MedCom and they require (at least they did back in 97) 500TT for F/O and 2000TT with 500Multi for PIC. Flew aroung 900hrs per year there.

Dan

geldoff
8th Oct 2004, 23:20
Courtsey in YVT (Buffalo Narrows), they have 3 and your min's work, Think they are full for the winter though.

Transwest in LaRonge, but again, don't think they are looking, 7 ho's.

Northern Dene, based in Prince Albert, but CP in Uranium City, (if you get an interview, don't talk about P/U Trucks, bit of a sore spot) They have 5 ho's in the north.

National in YPA have 2.

I've listed in order I think I would prefer.

GL

fougapilot
11th Oct 2004, 11:56
A guy I know drove his car to Yelloknife for the hope of getting a job. He had about 1000hrs TT with some Navajo time. Took him about 3 days to find work (hangar sweeping) and about an extra 2 weeks before he saw a cockpit. After 2 months there, he was no longer a Navajo pilot, but full time in the right seat of a Short 360 logging major turbine time. I guess my point is sending them a resume is pointless as long a guys like him drive from Montreal for a job.

Dan

bound_for_dubai
11th Oct 2004, 13:53
Some companies don't appreciate you knocking at their door and request you fax or email. Sometimes you will drive across the country to look for a job and end up finding one just hours minutes from your home.