PDA

View Full Version : Should I go for it?

scottmcl
1st Oct 2004, 01:03
I am currently in grade 11 but i was considering getting my recreation licence over the course of the next two years.

How fesiable is this for a Grade 11 student? I have about $2200.00 if my own money to put forward into this.

My plan is to get a undergrad degree in Business then my pro, and corprate. Seems so far for me now,b ut just thinking of the future.

(Where the nice Wheathers at )

scottmcl
2nd Oct 2004, 07:36
113 views!:ooh:

Common don't be shy

Islanderguy
2nd Oct 2004, 09:47
Sorry to hear you live in Surrey. Anyhow, if you're thinking of pursuing a career as a pilot, ( couldn't really tell from your post) just start working on your private license, you'll probably end up saving a few bucks and there is a lot of limitations with a RPP. My last tip for you is to move out of Surrey, life will definitely improve.

The Guy from the Island

scottmcl
3rd Oct 2004, 06:01
Lol didn't realize Surrey had such a bad rep.

Chill man, I live in South Surrey so you might as well say I live in White Rock. (Home of the newly wed, and the half dead)

Life here is fine,
....jesus, people and their predujices...
:ugh:

bound_for_dubai
3rd Oct 2004, 17:10
I started with about $3000 4 years ago, didn't get me far. By the time I bought my gear, signed up for groundschool and paid my membership, almost half of it was gone. The worked in a factory nightshift and made about 900 bucks a week and that was just enough to get me to do my training. If you don't work a good fulltime job, then the bank or your parents are going to have to dish out the money because once you start soloing and getting ready for your flight test you will need to fly minimum 2-3 times a week!

My advice is its good to start young, only if you can afford it. I would wait till you finish high school and start flying in a college program while doing a diploma or degree. That way its easier for you to save money before hand and even get a bank loan or line of credit.

Best of Luck!

BFD